Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    on the last link it was a pixi that had elan underneath it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm guessing it would have been a placeholder image until they got hold of the real "ELAN" image.

But modular did state this is not new hardware, and he has pretty reliable inside information.

However, TTB said that Pixi Plus/Pre Plus has finished testing/certification with AT&T. And that a 3rd Device, ELAN, is due to start soon. ELAN is definitely real, whatever it is though who knows...
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    What about the C40? I have heard that is?
    the c40 has been around for quite awhile, showing up in sprints system last fall. While I would love to see an all carrier launch for a high end device, I doubt Palm has the pull for that....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    I'm guessing it would have been a placeholder image until they got hold of the real "ELAN" image.
    That or the Pixi is going to be named ELAN on the AT&T network (like the Droid is called Milestone in Europe). The name Pixie is a instant turn-off for a large segment of the market when looking for a new gadget. Calling it the Elan may result in better sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Dont get your hopes up guys. elan is NOT new hardware.
    You make me sad, sir.

But on the rare off chance that modular is wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing a slab looking like the pixi, but with a glass screen. Glass + touchstone back would be hot!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Palm needs something soon. Some excitement with all this doom and gloom would be good!
    my real question is how do you pronoune elan is it like ellen or e-lan
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    my real question is how do you pronoune elan is it like ellen or e-lan
    This is french and you should speak it correctly this way:

Linguatec Voice Reader Web

or at least you should speak it with a brigther "a", then it's like that (but the first one is the real french Úlan):
    http://de.pons.eu/open_dict/audio_tt...2142752?l=defr

Oh and I would love to get new hardware for a tablet PC...need exactly this kind of device now, so I will have to buy an iPad (because it sure wil be the best tablet UNTIL Palm releases a webOS one...).

New hardware for a phone doesn't neccessarily have to be due before 2011. Would be best for Palm to develop a new phone now, then wait for the new iPhone release, further tweak their device for this competition and then release it at CES 2011 with availability SHORTLY after, so e.g. 1st of february 2011.

Until then it's really enough to focus on software-development. The Pre is a perfect device, no need to drop it that soon!
    Last edited by rot; 03/08/2010 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post

That would be cellcom for you, I would not trust their standing on such things. If you go back through to the real page it now says Pixi, this is Cellcom we are talking about. They are a Wisconsin based provider only. And they are not clearly the best. So using that as a source would just be stupid at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    This is french and you should speak it correctly this way:
    I'll never be able to pronounce it that way. I guess I can't get this phone.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    This is definitely a Palm "ELAN", what variant we don't know. And besides, that article dates back from november
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    I'm interested in this idea that it's suppose to be a "high-end" device - wasn't that suppose to be the position of the Pre and Pre Plus?
    The Pre is a high end device, too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123