Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Also, Elan means tree in Hebrew. Palm Trees anyone?

Isn't Rubinstein Jewish? His name sure is.
    I LOL'd!
    Since this phone shares a similiar name with Tiger Wood's wife, should we expect a feature that allows us to hide incoming text messages and phonecalls from our wives?
    I really do hope that Sprint's next device isn't a slab without a keyboard. First choice: portrait slider (Pre, only different). (Distant) second choice: landscape slider. Choice that would drive me to Windows Phone 7: slab without a keyboard.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I really do hope that Sprint's next device isn't a slab without a keyboard. First choice: portrait slider (Pre, only different). (Distant) second choice: landscape slider. Choice that would drive me to Windows Phone 7: slab without a keyboard.
    The Pre IS the portrait slider. Aside from build quality, what are you wanting that's different?

I don't know what the Elan is, but I hope Palm does make both a slab and a landscape slider. I don't want either of them but plenty of folks do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    ...P.S. Already sent to P|C News Tip just incase . But then again, i could just be blowing smoke.
    Did you realize that TreoCentral and PreCentral are one and the same? In fact, I think that all PreCentral content appears on TreoCentral as though that's where it came from.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Holy Jiizz! My Rite of passage to Geekdom is finally complete .
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    I will eat my hat if Palm ever releases a device in Europe before the US.

The US market is Palm's bread and butter. Europe is an afterthought.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    The US market is Palm's bread and butter. Europe is an afterthought.
    That Europe was an afterthought was Palm's mistake for many, many years. They've been trying to correct that for a few years now. US, however, will always be Palm's home and first choice.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scwalker78 View Post
    Since this phone shares a similiar name with Tiger Wood's wife, should we expect a feature that allows us to hide incoming text messages and phonecalls from our wives?
    I think that involves a different kind of "multitouch".
    Well if it's a slab with a vk, I'm not that interested. The single most important element that interested me in the Pre was it having a vertical keyboard and not a landscape or vk. I'd be fine if they put one out since there is a market for iphone like slabs and if that keeps them afloat then that would be great. I just hope they will continue to perfect the vertical slider style that is the Pre.

I remember someone posted here that their girlfriend said she met one of the Pre's designers in an airport. He mentioned that they were designing a Pre with a bigger screen and keyboard. That's the phone I want.
    its gotta be a slab. Ruby isnt stupid. Get american GSM pluses out there and then a month or so later something better? No way, it would ruin pre and pixie sales on ATT. But if it had a fundamental differance, say no physical keyboard, there would still be a demand for pluses and the new device... imho anyways
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13.    #33  
    From a post on P|C main site on this article;

"One other thing. Checked the dimensions for the phones visible in that phone case add....

Nokia e63 - 4.45 in. x 2.32 in.
    Pixi - 4.37 in x 2.17 in
    Samsung Access - 4.49 in x 2.28 in
    Samsung Blackjack - 4.5 in x 2.3 in

My Elan prediction is easy then, roughly 4.45 in x 2.3 in. You guys can fill in what is in that space"
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    its gotta be a slab. Ruby isnt stupid. Get american GSM pluses out there and then a month or so later something better? No way, it would ruin pre and pixie sales on ATT. But if it had a fundamental differance, say no physical keyboard, there would still be a demand for pluses and the new device... imho anyways
    Makes sense, imho i prefer a slab form factor with a VK. I can live without the physical KB tbh, so i think there's a good market for both of these form factors.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Dont get your hopes up guys. elan is NOT new hardware.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Urgh, you've been right and pretty reliable about everything else in the past so i guess i'll take your word for it?

However TTB did state Palm Pixi/Palm Pre Plus have already undergone testing/certification, and that this was indeed a 3rd Device, what gives?
    So. I'm going on a wild limb here and I'm going to say that this is fake. I googled 'Yourwirelessresource.com' and found the 'Body Glove PRO Horizontal Case' and looked through the description. Guess what was there? Nothing about the 'Palm Elan'. This is the REAL DESCRIPTION.

Also, take note of the link in the pictures, it does not say 'www.yourwirelessresource.com', probably because they don't want you to find the link of the phone case so you could read the real description..

'Stylishly protect your mobile device from bumps and scratches with the Body Glove PRO Horizontal Universal Case. The case is made from an executive style durable leather and features a magnetic flap for secure and easy access. On the back, a low profile rotating money clip attaches to your belt, pocket, or purse for added convience and instant phone access. Compatible with the models listed below.'

Copied from the website, I did not right this myself.

Also, I tried to 'find' the term 'Elan' in the page, so I did a ctrl+f. and typed "Elan'. Guess what I found? Nothing.

Then, I proceeded to type 'Palm' and only found

Centro
    Pixi (CDMA)
    Pixi Plus
    Pre
    Pre Plus
    Treo 755
    Treo Pro.

NOT 'Palm Elan'

In conclusion. I believe that this is FAKE.
    Last edited by Addyc; 03/07/2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: TAKE NOTE OF THE LINK.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    So. I'm going on a wild limb here and I'm going to say that this is fake. I googled 'Yourwirelessresource.com' and found the 'Body Glove PRO Horizontal Case' and looked through the description. Guess what was there? Nothing about the 'Palm Elan'. This is the REAL DESCRIPTION.

'Stylishly protect your mobile device from bumps and scratches with the Body Glove PRO Horizontal Universal Case. The case is made from an executive style durable leather and features a magnetic flap for secure and easy access. On the back, a low profile rotating money clip attaches to your belt, pocket, or purse for added convience and instant phone access. Compatible with the models listed below.'

Copied from the website, I did not right this myself.

Also, I tried to 'find' the term 'Elan' in the page, so I did a ctrl+f. and typed "Elan'. Guess what I found? Nothing.

Then, I proceeded to type 'Palm' and only found

Centro
    Pixi (CDMA)
    Pixi Plus
    Pre
    Pre Plus
    Treo 755
    Treo Pro.

NOT 'Palm Elan'

In conclusion. I believe that this is FAKE.
    Urmm That's well an all, and i saw that, but i posted the cached page. Theyre two totally different beasts.

Modular says elan is not new hardware however. So i guess that puts an end to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    But the implication is that there is something called elan.
    code name for touchstone?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast