1.    #1  
    I was very happy with my Palm Tungsten and became happy with the Treo 650 and 755p only because there was a hack developed that allowed you to easily create a capital letter with one key stroke. I see the Pre again, like the 650 and 755p require you to hold the shift key and the letter key to make a Mid sentence Capital letter (as here). I have been using KeyCap for years with great success to get the 650 and 755p to respond so that by simply holding the M key a fraction of a second longer then required to make an m you get a capital M instead of a lower case m, the same for all letter keys. It makes speed typing so easy, since only a one finger keystroke is needed to make a Capital letter. Does anyone know of software for the Pre which has the same feature? I would think it would be very valuable to have that feature.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Search the forum for 'keycaps', you will find lots of info.
    It has been discussed and right now there is not an app like keycaps. I miss it too.
    You don't have to hold the shift key; you just need to press it before you press the letter key. Same with the orange key and Sym key (with the exception of doing special things like taking screen shots or restarting your phone).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    You don't have to hold the shift key; you just need to press it before you press the letter key. Same with the orange key and Sym key (with the exception of doing special things like taking screen shots or restarting your phone).
    exactly. pressing the sim or shift key once gives you a one keystroke capital or secondary character pressing shift twice or sym twice locks the mode giving you all caps or all secondary characters.