Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guys I seriously need your help here. I turned on my pre and saw I had 1 voicemail. So I press that button and it opens the phone app. After that it just hangs there saying "connecting" and it doesn't do anything. I still get an active signal bar (it changes) and I tried all sorts of restarts and stuff.

I can't make calls and I probably can't receive them either. Please someone help me. I swear I am on the verge of leaving the pre with crap like this happening. I am seriously considering getting a dumbphone that can at least make CALLS.
    Weird. Are you near a computer?

Do you patch?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I'm near a computer, but I also went into the building lounge.

I just left it there and after a few minutes it said "CALL FAILED: NETWORK BUSY"

WHAT GIVES!?!?!? ARGHHH
  4.    #4  
    By the way, I'm in the Chicago area if anyone else there is not getting their phones working it might be a network issue. But I still get bars....
    pay your bill?
  6.    #6  
    paid man paid.
    yeah, i know. it wouldnt have said network busy.

did you try a restart/battery pull and all that?
  8.    #8  
    Yeah here's what I've tried so far guys:

- pulled battery (gonna do it overnight tonight)
    - restarted
    - soft reset
    - deleted a bunch of patches related to the phone/phone radio
    - took off all my patches
    - deleted a bunch of apps

any other ideas? still not working.
  9.    #9  
    **** GUYS NOW MY LAUNCHER ISN'T WORKING.

I'm gonna have to do a hard reset or something. It seems like all my apps on my launcher pages got merged into 1 page?!?!? *** PALM
    Don't panic. Run the WebOS Doctor and you should be okay.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Yup. Get to a comp and run webOs doctor. I think Palm should let us run WebOs via Phone too.
  12.    #12  
    Alright guys, here's an update. I rebooted, nothing happened. I added 3 patches, ran EPR, then rebooted.

Now I can make calls again...Jesus CHRIST man this was a huge scare.

Alarms still won't work though. If I close the clock app all my alarms reset. But hooray at least I can make calls from my PHONE.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitou kid View Post
    Guys I seriously need your help here. I turned on my pre and saw I had 1 voicemail. So I press that button and it opens the phone app. After that it just hangs there saying "connecting" and it doesn't do anything. I still get an active signal bar (it changes) and I tried all sorts of restarts and stuff.

I can't make calls and I probably can't receive them either. Please someone help me. I swear I am on the verge of leaving the pre with crap like this happening. I am seriously considering getting a dumbphone that can at least make CALLS.
    I am thinking exactly the same as you. I am Palm fan since the beginning but having now a phone where I already spend 2 days on trying to make work my phone is TOTALLY unacceptable
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Alright guys, here's an update. I rebooted, nothing happened. I added 3 patches, ran EPR, then rebooted.

Now I can make calls again...Jesus CHRIST man this was a huge scare.

Alarms still won't work though. If I close the clock app all my alarms reset. But hooray at least I can make calls from my PHONE.
    Which 3 patches and what is EPR?
    Guys I seriously need your help here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Do you patch?
    - deleted a bunch of patches related to the phone/phone radio
    - took off all my patches
    **** GUYS NOW MY LAUNCHER ISN'T WORKING.

I'm gonna have to do a hard reset or something. It seems like all my apps on my launcher pages got merged into 1 page?!?!? *** PALM
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    I am thinking exactly the same as you. I am Palm fan since the beginning but having now a phone where I already spend 2 days on trying to make work my phone is TOTALLY unacceptable
    Look, in fairness to Palm, you are patching your phone and then when you run into problems, you blame Palm and/or your phone.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that logic. While patching/Homebrew are great, you also need to take some responsibility when things go wrong. Palm didn't force you to install patches so don't blame them or the phone when things go wrong.

Now if you have a completely stock phone and one of their WebOS updates caused problems, then you have a valid reason for complaining. But when it comes to patching or installing Homebrew apps, you do so at your own risk.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    To continue figuring out why my phone is not working under 1.4 (I know I can webos doc to get to previous version which indeed works), I found out that 1.4 doesn't recognize my APN settings. Tells me each time it is invalid. Maybe this can help the programmers
    To continue figuring out why my phone is not working under 1.4 (I know I can webos doc to get to previous version which indeed works), I found out that 1.4 doesn't recognize my APN settings. Tells me each time it is invalid. Maybe this can help the programmers
    Come on, man. I looked at your past posts. You bought the phone in Germany, live in Chile, and complain because 1.4 is not working for you?????
    It sounds like you had the "stuck on headset" mode problem. Did you use the phone as an mp3 player and pull the plug before shutting down the music player?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    It sounds like you had the "stuck on headset" mode problem. Did you use the phone as an mp3 player and pull the plug before shutting down the music player?
    not if he was getting a NETWORK ERROR message.
    try doing hard reset on your fone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast