Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Look, in fairness to Palm, you are patching your phone and then when you run into problems, you blame Palm and/or your phone.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that logic. While patching/Homebrew are great, you also need to take some responsibility when things go wrong. Palm didn't force you to install patches so don't blame them or the phone when things go wrong.

Now if you have a completely stock phone and one of their WebOS updates caused problems, then you have a valid reason for complaining. But when it comes to patching or installing Homebrew apps, you do so at your own risk.
    Listen, I've had the same dozen or so patches on my phone for nearly 4 months now. I updated them all after 1.4 and my phone has been working fine since the 1.4 update.

Yesterday night, I check my phone, which has been on, and notice a voicemail message. I click it, doesn't work.

Tell me how its my fault when I didn't change a DAMN thing and the phone radio just stops working? Couldn't even make emergency calls.

To the others:

thanks for your help.

Also, I've never used a headset on my phone to listen to music or make calls. This just happened out of the blue. It was on my desk, I used it twice that day to make calls, then at night it crapped out. Just as spontaneously it started working again.

EPR = emergency patch recovery

The first time I removed the patches I did it manually, I reinstalled:

youtube vid downloads
    add launcher page
    4x4 launcher pages

then I ran EPR and things were back to normal.

Since then I've reinstalled all my old patches and the phone is working FINE again. What gives...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Look, in fairness to Palm, you are patching your phone and then when you run into problems, you blame Palm and/or your phone.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that logic. While patching/Homebrew are great, you also need to take some responsibility when things go wrong. Palm didn't force you to install patches so don't blame them or the phone when things go wrong.

Now if you have a completely stock phone and one of their WebOS updates caused problems, then you have a valid reason for complaining. But when it comes to patching or installing Homebrew apps, you do so at your own risk.
    As Kaitou Kid already mentioned your observation can be right but it is not the case with us. Installing patches has no influence at all. Problem start when downloading webos 1.4. I went back to factury setting with initial webos and no patches at all. Than installed again 1.4 and same problem. No other software, neither patches installed.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Come on, man. I looked at your past posts. You bought the phone in Germany, live in Chile, and complain because 1.4 is not working for you?????
    I am not following. Is this not internatinal? The previous webos 1.3.5 (I think) worked perfectly. Downloading patches as well. Many issues with App Catalog have to admit but all the rest is fine. If you by a phone that is not blocked why that should not work? On the other side why we should be discriminated from the US. Anyway it always worked and when I go back to previous webos it workes fine again. So please explain what in fact are you saying.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    I am not following. Is this not internatinal? The previous webos 1.3.5 (I think) worked perfectly. Downloading patches as well. Many issues with App Catalog have to admit but all the rest is fine. If you by a phone that is not blocked why that should not work? On the other side why we should be discriminated from the US. Anyway it always worked and when I go back to previous webos it workes fine again. So please explain what in fact are you saying.
    Most people here are in complete denial about the phone's issues and quirks and use canned responses such as "doctor it" without giving any serious thought into the problem. To them the phone is a utopia they defend like rabid dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Most people here are in complete denial about the phone's issues and quirks and use canned responses such as "doctor it" without giving any serious thought into the problem.
    Yes, sort of like posting YouTube videos blaming the Pre "without giving any serious thought into the problem" like perhaps installed patches or themes could have contributed to an issue.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Most people here are in complete denial about the phone's issues and quirks and use canned responses such as "doctor it" without giving any serious thought into the problem. To them the phone is a utopia they defend like rabid dogs.
    Are you willing to dig further into the problem? Maybe my diagnoses is wrong and you can put me on the right track. The facts are: I installed webos 1.4 with all other programs, patches already installed. Phone not working. Get back to previous webos 1.3.5, phone is working. Maybe downloaded wrong so download again 1.4. Same problem. Than I went to reset Pre to factory settings (webos 1.3.1) to delete all software, patches, etc. From there I download 1.4 and again phone is not working.
    When I go to manual network settings (in Phone software) it tells me that my setting are wrong while same setting in other webos do is working. Calling the phone company they tell me all is fine but for them it appears that my phone is turned off.
    So I am asking myself is this some bug or is this a configuration specially created by webos to block all phones that are not bought under a phone company contract like Telefonica or Sprint?
    Maybe we are adults who know how to go about analyzing a problem and testing possible solutions. And when we need help, we ask for it politely by completely disclosing the status of our phones. Then we either accept the proposed solution or find our own. What we don't do is blame other people for our own errors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12