1.    #1  
    Hello, new to the Pre world and am very excited to find this amazing resource online. Since I purchased my Pre I have downloaded many apps (obviously) but have found that neither Pandora, Accuradio and Slacker will play music. It's very odd as I have no issues with the 3G network or with Wifi. But even with Wifi enabled and a strong signal not one of these programs will play. In Pandora I can get the artist and song information....but just the 'thinking' circle icon...no music. I can't think of a possible reason for this. Is there some hardware failure that wouldn't be related to 3G or the Wifi card? I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of these programs several times. Also, although I have now installed some preware patches, before I ever did any of that the internet radio didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark Campbell

p.s. I'm in New York City...don't know that that would matter....but I thought I'd throw that in there.
    You'll more than likely have to run the WebOS Doctor. I had the same issue and I ended up doctoring my phone. Now all the radio streaming apps work fine now. Here's where I read about the issue http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2283498.
    Messed up on posting the URL. Here it is again.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2283498
    yeah, back your stuff up and run WebOs 1.4 doctor.
    Is it possible this is some kind of network issue today? I ask b/c my internet radio isn't working today for me either. I don't plan on just running to the doctor either!

OP - Has this just been today, or since day 1 of getting your Pre?

EDIT: Well, some reboots worked for me, so I guess it isn't the same issue!
    Last edited by Budgetmedic; 03/07/2010 at 08:50 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Hey all,
    Thanks for all the useful responses. I emailed Pandora tech support about this issue and their response is "We are aware of this issue and are working hard with Palm to resolve it" I have found a number of other folks that had this issue after 1.4 (I didn't notice the difference because I installed the patch before I installed anything OCD boy that I am). So this is what I'm wondering......I really have my phone set up the way I want it and I have a LOT of homebrew and patches on there. I know it would take literally hours to restore my phone to it's current state. I am excited about Pandora and WILL use it in the future....but it isn't a "I NEED IT NOW" kind of thing. Do you all think that if I can wait for a few weeks that a forthcoming patch will fix the issue? Or should I just bite the bullet and go through all the steps illuminated in one of the posts listed above? Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks SO much everyone.
    Love the community.

Mark
  7.    #7  
    and I forgot to mention that this HAS been from the very beginning (since, as I said, I installed the 1.4 update immediately) and repeated resets including and extended battery out reset hasn't helped at all.

Thanks again,
    Mark