Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have any suggestions? Since my 1.4 upgrade the "EV" is gone, just my Bluetooth, Wi-fi Waves, signal strength bar graph, battery picture and % reading. Is this normal? If so fine, I know it's materialistic but liked having that logo there. Better yet, wish it said 3G, I know it's the same thing but its just kind of a querk of mine. I'm with Bell Mobility in Canada if it's relevant. Thanks for any suggestions ppl. may ave
  2. #2  
    it should be there and it should be 3G -- open the phone go to preferences and make sure that the network is turned on. also it will go away when the wifi is connected
  3. #3  
    Where is this 'Preference' you speak of?...I don't see 'Preference' anywhere on my phone lol
  4. #4  
    ^ open the phone app then tap the upper left corner. That will bring down the menu with preferences.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    it should be there and it should be 3G -- open the phone go to preferences and make sure that the network is turned on. also it will go away when the wifi is connected
    I thought the 3G icon was only a Verizon thing
  6. #6  
    I'm on Bell and I still have Ev
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I thought the 3G icon was only a Verizon thing
    Do you think that Verizon is the only one with 3G, Sprint has been on 3G for years now!

    And coming this summer it will turn on the 4G and so will Verizon.

    There are some test cities that are testing 4G.

    But Verizon is using LTE for it's 4G and Sprint is using WiMAX.

    Most of Europe is going on WiMax, let me re-phrase that to a lot of Europe is going with WiMax.

    Which is better, will it's sort of like Beta and VHS thing.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  8. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Do you think that Verizon is the only one with 3G, Sprint has been on 3G for years now!

    And coming this summer it will turn on the 4G and so will Verizon.

    There are some test cities that are testing 4G.

    But Verizon is using LTE for it's 4G and Sprint is using WiMAX.

    Most of Europe is going on WiMax, let me re-phrase that to a lot of Europe is going with WiMax.

    Which is better, will it's sort of like Beta and VHS thing.

    Rob
    I believe he's talking abt the 3G icon. Sprint phone show it as "EV" for evdo.
  9. #9  
    Yeah. It just takes away the network icon, but the connection is actually still there!..I was just screwing with "ImmaSlave4U". Basically, your wifi connection is going to be there and working, you can still receive calls, texts etc, its just that the icon wont be there anymore. This is a bug from 1.4.
  10. #10  
    Ya I'm on bell too - only when connected via WiFi wll the EV icon disappear
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah. It just takes away the network icon, but the connection is actually still there!..I was just screwing with "ImmaSlave4U". Basically, your wifi connection is going to be there and working, you can still receive calls, texts etc, its just that the icon wont be there anymore. This is a bug from 1.4.
    I don't have this bug. Did you make sure to remove all the patches off the phone before upgrading to 1.4?
  12. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #12  
    Phone --> Preferences --> Update PRL and Network stuff at the bottom.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    Ya I'm on bell too - only when connected via WiFi wll the EV icon disappear
    I'm on Sprint and I think my phone has always done this. The EV icon only shows up when I am not on wifi, but I do have the bars all the time.
  14. #14  
    I am on Sprint, I have the 3G icons that are embedded into 1.4.

    I am using the Evdo to 4g patch.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  15. #15  
    Did you install the 4g patch? It makes the 3g icon turn to 4g. If you did, uninstall it and you will have your ev icon back.

Posting Permissions