Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have about had it with the Pre. I need a phone that works, when I need it to work.

About a month ago my wife texted me she was involved in a car accident. I received the text on my Pre and proceeded to try and call her. I opened the phone application at apparently the same time I was receiving another text from her. The phone application was unresponsive, the texting application was unresponsive, and when the phone application did open up, it opened 3 of them and pressing numbers to dial had incredible lag. I wanted to talk to my wife because it was an emergency situation and the Pre totally failed on that! I would have to guess 3 minutes went by before I actually was able to speak with her. When I used the Centro, I could be engaged in a conversation with my wife in less than 30 seconds after pulling the phone out of my pocket.

Today I tried to instantly use my phone to record video of my neighbors driving over my shrubs on the property line with thier car. It took f*cking forever for the video application to open up and when I started recording, the recording hung at 6 seconds and then became unresponsive. And what video I did manage to capture was gone.

You know what Palm! Your Pre is BS and I've about had it with its **** poor functionality. Its one thing to have a minor glitch here or there, but when the phone fails to perform as expected in times of emergency or need that is when I start looking at other devices.
    sorry to hear that buddy, I agree that a phone should work when you need it. Have you tried to take it in or get a replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I have about had it with the Pre. I need a phone that works, when I need it to work.

About a month ago my wife texted me she was involved in a car accident. I received the text on my Pre and proceeded to try and call her. I opened the phone application at apparently the same time I was receiving another text from her. The phone application was unresponsive, the texting application was unresponsive, and when the phone application did open up, it opened 3 of them and pressing numbers to dial had incredible lag. I wanted to talk to my wife because it was an emergency situation and the Pre totally failed on that! I would have to guess 3 minutes went by before I actually was able to speak with her. When I used the Centro, I could be engaged in a conversation with my wife in less than 30 seconds after pulling the phone out of my pocket.

Today I tried to instantly use my phone to record video of my neighbors driving over my shrubs on the property line with thier car. It took f*cking forever for the video application to open up and when I started recording, the recording hung at 6 seconds and then became unresponsive. And what video I did manage to capture was gone.

You know what Palm! Your Pre is BS and I've about had it with its **** poor functionality. Its one thing to have a minor glitch here or there, but when the phone fails to perform as expected in times of emergency or need that is when I start looking at other devices.

I was starting to have some of those issues..installed the 600 mhz patch and it has been much smoother since with minimal/no lag. If you're really unhappy give it a shot (at your own risk of course).
    I'm with you dude. The phone is getting on my nerves too. Well, my situation with it is that, I paid 10 dollars for most of the games I have on the phone and I can't even play them because I have to always restart my phone first. I mean, I don't really have a problem with that if the restart process didn't take forever too. Like dude! What gives?..The phone just restarted all by itself. My wifi keeps disconnecting when I leave it for a while. And yes, I already had the setting changed to 'on when phone is sleeping or whatever it's called'..I have to almost turn the damn phone off before I got good battery life. The Pre has wayyyy too many issues man. My Treo 755p delievered what I wanted, when I wanted it. I like the Pre, I would hate to let it go, but the issues with it are just about leaving me no choice. I can't do much on this phone.
    sorry to hear that. Don't get a Droid, it's does the same thing, so I heard. My buddy has a love hate relationship with his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I'm with you dude. The phone is getting on my nerves too. Well, my situation with it is that, I paid 10 dollars for most of the games I have on the phone and I can't even play them because I have to always restart my phone first. I mean, I don't really have a problem with that if the restart process didn't take forever too. Like dude! What gives?..The phone just restarted all by itself. My wifi keeps disconnecting when I leave it for a while. And yes, I already had the setting changed to 'on when phone is sleeping or whatever it's called'..I have to almost turn the damn phone off before I got good battery life. The Pre has wayyyy too many issues man. My Treo 755p delievered what I wanted, when I wanted it. I like the Pre, I would hate to let it go, but the issues with it are just about leaving me no choice. I can't do much on this phone.
    don't mean to push the 600 mhz patch, but my 3d gaming crashes improved significantly after installing this patch as well. I've only been running it for a little over a day, but i find it significantly better...there are of course risks so please read about it and consider installing it

Sound like you have a screwed-up phone. If your phone is not working for you, you've got to find one that does.

FWIW, my phone does not have these problems. So don't think that these problems are universal.
    I've often wondered, when folks come on here ranting like this, what it is that makes them feel their situation is so special, or they are so special, they that ignore/circumvent the rules about language on the forum.

Then I wonder how much of that "I'm special" spills over into other aspects of their life, and possibly even affects or colors their reaction to issues like this...
    That sucks it let you down when you needed it the most.

Where is the 600 patch? I don't see it in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I've often wondered, when folks come on here ranting like this, what it is that makes them feel their situation is so special, or they are so special, they that ignore/circumvent the rules about language on the forum.

Then I wonder how much of that "I'm special" spills over into other aspects of their life, and possibly even affects or colors their reaction to issues like this...
    Dude...Whats the purpose of precentral?..To talk about issues related to a Palm Pre, right?..Whatelse would you like to talk about that could be related to Precentral?
    I confess! I ran over his shrubs.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I have had all this OP, don't blame ya.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    That sucks it let you down when you needed it the most.

Where is the 600 patch? I don't see it in preware.
    Have to install it through webos quick install.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...4-check-2.html

The patch is in the link on post 22 on the above thread.

The instructions are in this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ple-patch.html

Please read the disclaimers on both threads because it can potentially brick your pre.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Dude...Whats the purpose of precentral?..To talk about issues related to a Palm Pre, right?..Whatelse would you like to talk about that could be related to Precentral?
    Exactly. I feel its a valid concern and I'm letting everyone know how I feel about it.
    Well, to be fair, you should run the latest WebOS Doctor and then see how it works. If it's still having problems like that, maybe try for an exchange. Or, (probably not an option), but the increased memory in the Pre Plus seems to make a big difference. Also the 600mhz patch helps some.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I kinda always wonder why folks can't figure out if a phone meets their needs in the 30 days the have to test drive it, instead start complaining about something months after the fact.
    I wish the mods would create a new forum for these threads...
    Beam me up Scotty...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    I confess! I ran over his shrubs.
    I doubt you have a stunning profile like my neighbor. Meth-Free Mesa County, Colorado

I have the same problems as you. And me having a pixi doesn't make anything better. Almost everytime I open up the dail app its super slow and laggy. Sometimes when I hit it by accident and call someone, I try to hang up but the phone just freezes up. Things like this makes me wonder did palm test these features out before the released the phone. Everything about the phones feel like its in alpha stage with how much it freezes and restarts.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast