Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    if you consistently have problems, you can try use reboot scheduler. might help
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I don't make it a habit to wish for auto accidents involving my wife in the first 30 days of buying a phone.
    Genius answer. I'm sure you couldn't tell from the many many other times you'd used the phone how it normally responded, and expected it to respond instantly this single time because your wife wrecked her car. The phones are supposed to be psychic that way.

Instead it acted as it always had, you kept mashing the buttons, which may be a normal response for someone panicked, but not really the phone's fault for suddenly acting differently, and it ended up opening the app 3 times.

With 4.1 Palm made the phone respond more quickly so that you'd realize you'd already launched the app, so that should make your next panic mashing better.
    To the OP:

I understand being frustrated and aggravated with the phone during a very stressful moment.
    We've come to depend on our cell phones to come through in times like this, and it really sux when they don't.

People will tell you to complain to Palm because they don't read complaints here, but that's BS and we all know it.

There's even a known Palm guy that helps people here all the time and i'm sure there are others that choose to remain anonymous, unlike him.

You're an adult, you have the right to make your issues known if you want to.
    We've all (except netwrkr9 ) had days where we wanted to throw this phone through the nearest window.

.... just my 23
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    He can complain on here if he wants.

First of all, this forum isn't just for people to say how much they love the Pre.
    It's also a place for people to post their concerns.

He has a valid point.
    Everyone knows this phone is slow at times. Why can't he post about it? Are we trying to hide it from potential customers?

Anyway, the phone is very unreliable.
    I've had it shutdown on me for full hours on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    He can complain on here if he wants.

First of all, this forum isn't just for people to say how much they love the Pre.
    Exactly.
    The keyword is FORUM

This is NOT a fan club.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    what is your wife doing texting you she got into a car accident instead of calling in the first place. And also all smartphones I have ever used have hang ups. They are much more complex and are a very small computer, just think about how much you hate your comp, then transfer that same thing to your handheld comp aka the pre.
    She was multitasking - collecting the other parties information and taking pictures.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I am considering paying my ETF and going elsewhere.

1) I used to miss some text messages because the vibration was too short. NOW I have 1.4 and I miss every damn text message because its half what is used to be. I text often and always have to look at my phone to see if I missed any.

2) The web browser is sloooooooooow. 1.4 ruined it.

3) Anyone who calls my phone hears 2-3 rings before I ever do. Missed calls happen often.

4) I have an Airave and have had issues with it for months. Tech support says its a problem on their end. Plus, if I go to my neighbors I end up roaming and it kills my battery and heats up the phone within hours of a full charge.

I came to Sprint to save money on my bill. I guess the saying is true. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!! I guess I'll pay more to avoid the above problems. Props to Customer service. They have been great! Sprint needs to work on their network and Palm needs to pay attention to what they change on the phone with updates.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    And Yes, I doctored the Pre!
    To the OP: (Re: the thread tag) Its 'amberlamps' not 'ambulamps'.

Thanks for the linky kkumar99 I'll check that out
    I have about had it with the Pre. I need a phone that works, when I need it to work.

About a month ago my wife texted me she was involved in a car accident. I received the text on my Pre and proceeded to try and call her. I opened the phone application at apparently the same time I was receiving another text from her. The phone application was unresponsive, the texting application was unresponsive, and when the phone application did open up, it opened 3 of them and pressing numbers to dial had incredible lag. I wanted to talk to my wife because it was an emergency situation and the Pre totally failed on that! I would have to guess 3 minutes went by before I actually was able to speak with her. When I used the Centro, I could be engaged in a conversation with my wife in less than 30 seconds after pulling the phone out of my pocket.

Today I tried to instantly use my phone to record video of my neighbors driving over my shrubs on the property line with thier car. It took f*cking forever for the video application to open up and when I started recording, the recording hung at 6 seconds and then became unresponsive. And what video I did manage to capture was gone.

You know what Palm! Your Pre is BS and I've about had it with its **** poor functionality. Its one thing to have a minor glitch here or there, but when the phone fails to perform as expected in times of emergency or need that is when I start looking at other devices.
    Well, I certainly hope the accident wasn't too serious, and that your wife is okay.

As for the performance of the phone, I really can't say I've ever seen the kind of behavior you mention. I'm particularly curious about the phone app opening up three times. I can't reproduce that kind of behavior on any app, no matter how fast I try to press the buttons or icons. All that happens for me is the already open app comes to the foreground. Just so that I'm clear about what happened... you're saying that you pressed the phone icon multiple times while the phone was frozen, and the phone app opened up three times (you had three phone app cards open at once)?

Very strange, indeed.

Has anyone else reading this story seen that kind of behavior with any app?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Dude...Whats the purpose of precentral?..To talk about issues related to a Palm Pre, right?..Whatelse would you like to talk about that could be related to Precentral?
    Dude, you like totally missed my point - do a rerun, put down da blunt, and read slower this time.

His complaint wasn't the issue, it was his presentation.
    Last edited by hparsons; 03/06/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    she was probably texting and that is why she had the accident. Get a new car, wife, and phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Dude, you like totally missed my point do a rerun, read put down da blunt, and read slower this time.
    LoL
    Well, TBH, I have to agree with some of the other posters. You've had the phone for quite awhile, you had to have known the issues were there. None of my smartphones have been particularly speedy, free of software glitches, random errors, anything like that. The last phone I had that responded instantly was an old-ish Samsung I got when Sprint put their walkie-talkie service on. I got it 'cause it was cheap and sturdy, not for the push to talk, I didn't know a single person that had it.

Anyway, if this were a potential issue, you knew about it months ago. Just reading here should have alerted you. Delayed texts? I've had that problem with dang near every phone I've ever had that had texting, including one short disaster of a prepaid setup with VoiceStream (T Mobile now, for those who didn't know), and every cell I've ever had, going all the way back to the old bag phone with no battery has had an issue with ringing a couple of times before I get the signal. Heck, my cordless landline rings once or twice on the caller end before it rings here.

I agree with your frustration, I dang near missed a call from VSAC wanting an answer they needed to get my college funding going the other day. Not a huge deal, but the woman that does this is hard to reach, it would have delayed me by a week or more trying to get her on a return call. A friend of mine out west has had the same problems with his various Blackberries, and similar issues with his new company-provided Nexus One.

Point is, its not just the Pre, its pretty much every smartphone with a ton of features, on every carrier I know of.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    To the OP, and others who may have problems, this has probably been mentioned but sometimes try doing a full erase, and follow that up with a doctor (backup photos and such of course since the full erase will erase the USb partition).

The reason I say this is because after doing the above, I noticed at least a 5 second drop in load times for NFSU, and I was able to run more apps at the same time, with less lag. YMMV.

Also, I recall reading that there are certain apps which are more prone to having memory leaks. My personal example also was the Quran reader app (which I would assume many of you don't use). Whenever I would do a doctor I noticed that the Quran app was always the last one to finish loading, and the phone would seem to hang as it tried to finish downloading it. Again, I don't have actual data to confirm all this, only anecdotal evidence, but I deleted that particular app and I feel that too may have helped in speeding my phone.

I know it's not the most elegant solution but its worth a try deleting some apps and using the phone to see if there's a difference. Then try re-downloading and see if there's any change. It may be worth it before you ditch your phone for something else.

Sorry people are having issues, but I myself am very happy with 1.4 and my pre.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    it sounds like your phone is a piece of shi.t
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    She was multitasking - collecting the other parties information and taking pictures.
    ahh, I see. So it really wasn't a serious accident at all, so not so much of an emergency. I'm glad you took my post for what it was. It was just a question I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    ahh, I see. So it really wasn't a serious accident at all, so not so much of an emergency. I'm glad you took my post for what it was. It was just a question I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.
    You are REALLY missing the point.
    Sounds irritating and I don't mean to start and firestorm, but do what my fiance did and just get rid of it. She paid the ETF and sold the Pre on Craig's list. This time around she did her homework and looked at the Blackberrys, the iPhone and various flavors of Android phones. For some reason she dissed the Nokias. She finally decided on the iPhone. It's just plain easy to use and it works. I was personally surprised, because she resists anything Apple. Go figure! One of the factors that swayed her was finding a host of apps for pregnant women. We purchased one to record milestones during her pregnancy. Our daughter is now 3 months old.

Ultimately it's your decision, and this is just my contribution. Hope you find a solution that works for you. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    We've all (except netwrkr9 ) had days where we wanted to throw this phone through the nearest window.
    I never once thought about throwing my Pre... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's by far the best smart phone I've owned. Comparing it to the Iphone 3g, blackberry storm and the My touch this thing is golden.

I still don't think people use it correctly because they aren't used to it's abilities to truly multitask. For example I rarely experience lag because I have all my communication apps (phone, photodialer, sms, email...) open all the time in the background. No need to wait the extra second just click the card and it goes. That's what makes WEBOS what it is!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast