Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    I kinda always wonder why folks can't figure out if a phone meets their needs in the 30 days the have to test drive it, instead start *****ing about something months after the fact.
    I don't make it a habit to wish for auto accidents involving my wife in the first 30 days of buying a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Beam me up Scotty...
    I've noticed in your post that nothing ever happens to your pre or the pres faults doesn't bother you even though it should have some features and should have a stable os.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah. I have to agree with the OP.

The Pre is not very "now!" As in, you'll have to wait for most things to get done unfortunately.
    I can't record video on the fly because it takes too long.
    Things are kinda' slow on the Pre.

I even have 600 patch. The 500 was horrid to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I've often wondered, when folks come on here ranting like this, what it is that makes them feel their situation is so special, or they are so special, they that ignore/circumvent the rules about language on the forum.

Then I wonder how much of that "I'm special" spills over into other aspects of their life, and possibly even affects or colors their reaction to issues like this...
    I also wonder if they've contacted Sprint and/or Palm support to resolve the issue. Honestly, I doubt it: many people seem like they'd rather complain about a problem than work toward a solution. Maybe it's cathartic for them, but it sure doesn't seem like it would contribute to a happy life.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    ive never had to wait for my dialer, I make calls thru universal search and as soon as I press the call button i can hear the line open. While the card may not be loaded, I can hear the dialer...

I just checked to confirm and actually at least with 1.4 I dont hear the dialer before the card loads, but when it does it sounds as if its on ring 2...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I also wonder if they've contacted Sprint and/or Palm support to resolve the issue. Honestly, I doubt it: many people seem like they'd rather complain about a problem than work toward a solution. Maybe it's cathartic for them, but it sure doesn't seem like it would contribute to a happy life.
    maybe because the solutions that sprint and palm give you doesn't work. I've talked to palm about my lag problem they say the same thing over and over. That's why we come here.
    For those of you having Too Many cards open messages, get Jason's Advance Launcher Options patch so you can do a full garbage collection (javascript and java) that cleans up memory as games suck up huge amounts of memory. Its an issue for Sprint Pre's but Pre+'s should be fine.
    Sad truth is that phones that multitask like Android and Pre have to deal with garbage collection.

The iphone doesn't have to deal with it, but it doesn't have multi tasking.

Do you have a Pre Plus? From what I undersand, the extra RAM helps to alleviate this problem.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Exactly. I feel its a valid concern and I'm letting everyone know how I feel about it.
    The problem is that nobody here can do anything about it, so complaining here does absolutely nothing for you.

If you want to complain to someone who can actually do something about your problem, you need to go here:

Palm.com : Support
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    The problem is that nobody here can do anything about it, so complaining here does absolutely nothing for you.

If you want to complain to someone who can actually do something about your problem, you need to go here:

[url= : Support[/url]
    Hey Dude, point of correction, 'you' can't do anything about it. We have a bunch of knowledgeable programmers on this forum who understand the linux system and can fix these problems in the blink of an eye when given the necessary resource. So, log off and go to bed. If you don't like the thread, don't click on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I've noticed in your post that nothing ever happens to your pre or the pres faults doesn't bother you even though it should have some features and should have a stable os.
    Yeah, it is 9 months old and everything works great, got 31 patches on it and a Mugen 1400 battery, guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    hey you are not alone, my wife has a htc dream up here in canada, for the last week or so, since a mandatory security update, the damn phone just disconnects, no text no gtalk no phone no wifi,, nutting,, thy know its a problem the will not do an update, their answer she has a new phone coming.. weeeeee splat.
    Well, I'm not totally without problems like I posted in another thread, last night I was listening to Pandora and my music stopped and my screen went black. Had to pull the battery to bring it back, a common bug in this 1.4 update.
    I've about had it with the Pre
    I've about had it with these threads. They are pollution. There are already "issues" stickies to cry in. It does nobody any good here to simply create a thread to tell everyone you don't like your Pre.

Call Palm if you want to whine. Otherwise, ditch the pre and go get a dumbphone that more closely meets your requirements and standards.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I have about had it with the Pre. I need a phone that works, when I need it to work.

About a month ago my wife texted me she was involved in a car accident. I received the text on my Pre and proceeded to try and call her. I opened the phone application at apparently the same time I was receiving another text from her. The phone application was unresponsive, the texting application was unresponsive, and when the phone application did open up, it opened 3 of them and pressing numbers to dial had incredible lag. I wanted to talk to my wife because it was an emergency situation and the Pre totally failed on that! I would have to guess 3 minutes went by before I actually was able to speak with her. When I used the Centro, I could be engaged in a conversation with my wife in less than 30 seconds after pulling the phone out of my pocket.

Today I tried to instantly use my phone to record video of my neighbors driving over my shrubs on the property line with thier car. It took f*cking forever for the video application to open up and when I started recording, the recording hung at 6 seconds and then became unresponsive. And what video I did manage to capture was gone.

You know what Palm! Your Pre is BS and I've about had it with its **** poor functionality. Its one thing to have a minor glitch here or there, but when the phone fails to perform as expected in times of emergency or need that is when I start looking at other devices.
    what is your wife doing texting you she got into a car accident instead of calling in the first place. And also all smartphones I have ever used have hang ups. They are much more complex and are a very small computer, just think about how much you hate your comp, then transfer that same thing to your handheld comp aka the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Dude...Whats the purpose of precentral?..To talk about issues related to a Palm Pre, right?..Whatelse would you like to talk about that could be related to Precentral?
    hey mr. reading comprehension.....he was talking about the OP circumventing the language filter and just all around using abrasive language.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Hey Dude, point of correction, 'you' can't do anything about it. We have a bunch of knowledgeable programmers on this forum who understand the linux system and can fix these problems in the blink of an eye when given the necessary resource. So, log off and go to bed. If you don't like the thread, don't click on it.
    Did I say I didn't like the thread? NO!

I am fully aware that there are many devs here that know what's going on with this stuff. I myself have Preware and many homebrew apps/patches installed.

My point was that this is not really the place to complain and post "farewell threads". Yes, this is a great place to ask for help if you have an issue with something. If you have a complaint, you need to go to Palm and complain. If more people did that, then maybe their problem will be addressed in the next software update.
    In my experience, the Pre is a lot more stable than most other phone I've owned. I was pretty tired with my last Motorola phone that rebooted when answering a call. Or my old Nokia crashing when my bluetooth headset was connected and I started the wap browser.

The Pre is ruuning the most advanced mobile OS. And I have to say that I find it to be really robust for it's young age (beside the linux kernel, most of the OS was developed in the past two years... Less time than Android and a lot younger than the OSX roots of the iPhone).

Even if I want them to go away, I can cope with the occasional slughishness and reboots.
    Nice to hear from one of the silent majority of satisfied Pre owners...
    I think it is totally fair for Echto to post frustration with the phone. I also think that there are times, in a high stress situation like your loved one in crisis, when an issue with a phone can get very frustrating.

At the same time, I think Echto, you also have to take a breath. A couple of months ago, a project lead wanted someone to pull up information from their smartphone. I let the guy with the iPhone take it, I thought that he would just be faster. Turns out, his iPhone hung. For no reason. I swooped in with my Pre for the win. All the stars aligned, and my Pre was super speedy. No idea why. It just happened.

I doubt he ranted at Apple for the lack of stability for the iPhone. Or who knows, maybe he did. I'm just trying to say that in a high stress situation, when you need a computer to react fast, that is often the time when they decide to crap out on you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast