1.    #1  
    Why can't Palm just hire/license the pre-central team to add ALL the tweaks/themes so users who don't stumble upon this site are not baffled by the lack of basic things from a 2009 phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Why can't Palm just hire/license the pre-central team to add ALL the tweaks/themes so users who don't stumble upon this site are not baffled by the lack of basic things from a 2009 phone?
    My guess.... Too much testing for approval.... And they don't want to have to do customer support for the tweaks....
    Many of these tweaks/patches are already in the OS, the patches just flip a switch to turn them on. For some reason Palm/carriers chose not to have some of these features on the phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    My guess.... Too much testing for approval.... And they don't want to have to do customer support for the tweaks....
    Fair enough, but this could be the job of Jason and others, since they currently provide this service to us today.
  5.    #5  
    I also wish someone could create a scroll bar patch that lets you know location within a document or site.....
    There are so many inconsistancies with preware and patches in general. I am not saying not to use them, but the combinations of patches are endless and can result in unexpected behavior. Palm cant support all those what ifs. They would have to if it was Palms Preware. While Webosinternals and jason do a fantastic job, they have no responsibility to be on the look out for patching conflicts. Palm does.

This is not an attack at all on preware, I use it 5 times a day.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    not really. They are already written into the os. It just rewrites the code to turn them on. For whatever reason, palm never turned them on. It's as simple as deleted some things from a code palm wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjones46 View Post
    not really. They are already written into the os. It just rewrites the code to turn them on. For whatever reason, palm never turned them on. It's as simple as deleted some things from a code palm wrote.
    Pretty much every piece of software written has code for options/features written in, but not enabled. Hardware, as well, I just did a BIOS flash on an older P5B board that enabled 1333mhz fsb support on a four year old board, that was around before 1333mhz procs were even sold.

Usually stuff is there, but not on, because the developer plans on integrating them over time, as programs make use of them, or hardware evolves to use the features properly.