1.    #1  
    Hi,

i just helped a friend with her new German Palm Pre (which i convinced her to buy) and it worked nice. webOS was 1.2.1 and after linking it to WLAN i hit the update button, downloaded webOS 1.4, hit install. But After the reboot, webOS hangs at the Palm Logo, but no Logo 'pumping'.

When i hook up the Phone via USB to PC, the PC recongnises the phone, but webOS Doctor does not detect the phone. webOS Doctor is working, cos when i hook up my (working) Pre, the 'Next' Button gets clickable. So Cable and Doctor ok, but phone hangs!

Any help, how to revive the phone????

Thanks, Fiz
  2.    #2  
    Seems to be working...webOS Doctor is running.
    The Volume Button holding did the trick!

Will reply, when everthing is working, but till then, thanks a lot! You prrobably saved my reputation as a geek ;-)
  3.    #3  
    Okay...final thanx. Worked perfectly. webOS 1.4.0 update now installed!

Thanx a lot!
    This doesn't sound like a good experience for Palm users.
    Quote Originally Posted by heliotrunksy View Post
    Depends on your point of view. To me it is more evidence that the Pre is indeed un-brickable. And what could be better than a happy ending.
    wow i like turtles !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by heliotrunksy View Post
    Really? If you read the instructions and follow suit it always worked for me. And that is a major plus in my book. Think about it.
    Had a similar issue,Pre is def lmost unbrickable.. though i think i did managed to come very close to killing it, i somehow did managed to erase the Modem fw, so now the phone won't even intialise, webOS doctor fails when trying to flash GSM firware and in the process of that, i now got the large battery icon saying it need to be charged but even with it plugged in it dont work..

So now just sits there till i figure out what else to try