Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Every time I try to add a contact (via Add New Contact in Phone or directly in Contacts), I get this message:

Error
    There was an error saving this contact. Please try again.

Any thoughts?
    to which account?
  3.    #3  
    I only have one account.
  4.    #4  
    I just pulled the battery to see if that would "reset anything".

Here's what I'm getting now (not good):

Error
    List Calendars Failed {"serviceName":"com.palm.calendar","returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"com.palm.calendar is not running."}

Not happy!
  5.    #5  
    It's the patches. Shoot, I was hopping it was something else.

Anyway, there it is. A little Emergency repair thingy and it works.

Shoot, I've really grown to love some of those patches.
    My pre has fallen off then deep end. Issues started today:

1. called log disappeared
    2. calendars gone
    3. cannot save a contact
    4. cannot save a .pdf, .doc, or any other file from the web
    5. cannot open previous files in docview or pdfview
    6. two random pictures showed up in my photos file

what gives? I am tired of doing a hard reset on my phone every month. It doesn't even solve most of the issues.

PF Graham- what emergency repair thingy might you be referring to?
    I am also receiving the same error message when trying to add a new contact. I can't save anyone new to my phone since the last patch. I've tried various things such as just a name without a number, just a name and number, just a name and email, nothing will save or store.
    Error: There was an error saving this contact. Please try again later.
    Upon a second attempt,
    Error: This contact could not be saved.

Could you elaborate on the Emergency Repair, PF?
    I still haven't found a resolution.
    same problem here with contacts not saving. i have repeatedly reset the phone and will try to sync and unsync with google and facebook accounts. will let you know if it works.
    Same problem..

After the update to webOS1.4 my palm pre will not save contacts..

I did the update, and my phone was working fine. I got a text message from a friend and tried to save the contact. When pressing "Done" a message comes up saying "Error There was an error saving this contact. Please try again."

When I hit okay and try again it says "Error This contact could not be saved"

Version : Palm webOS1.4.0
    Configuration : Bell Mobility 1.7
    Phone Model : P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A

Contacts Pref&Accounts:

Accounts - Palm Profile Josh
    Default Account - Palm profile Josh

I didnt have any gmail, facebook etc accounts linked to the phone..

What should I do? I tried a soft reset and ALL my contacts disappeared, then reappeared about 15 minutes later, this didnt solve it..

Any ideas?
    Same problem....not saving contacts.
    It seems that what's going on is that the default contact account setting has disappeared, and there's no way to reset it. I just doctored my phone, and that field is now blank. If there's no default contacts account, the Pre doesn't know where to save new contacts, and fails.

Anybody got a fix for this?
    I had the same problem and this is worked for me - However, it will probably erase all your contacts and calls list. I have a Google Gmail Account that I had my contacts saved to, so this is the default that I used to restore my contacts. If you have another account, it may work.

1. Go to launcher Screen and hit the "Launcher" tab to open "Default Applications" from drop down.
    2. Default Applications will open, but for some reason you'll need to swipe back (left) in the Gesture area to go to the "Device Information" page.
    3. Go to the end of the page to the "Reset Options" choice and open to Reset Options page.
    4. hit "Restart"
    5. When the phone restarts, go to "contacts" which will probably be empty.
    6. Hit the "Contacts" tab to expand and select "Preferences & Accounts"
    7. Your Accounts should be listed Starting with "Palm Profile" to whatever other accounts you have set up. Open each account, except "Palm Profile" and enter your password and than Synchronize each respective account.
    8. you should now be able to hit the "Default Account" option and choose which account you want to have as a default.
    9.Close all pages and open "contacts" from the Launcher.

All your contacts should now be sync-ed and you should be able to add new ones.

You'll also notice that when you receive your first call after doing this, your "all calls" & "missed calls" lists will probably return.

Good Luck
    I`m still having the same problem ............ I run doctor twice and still can not add new contacts to phone ..........

Any idea?
    that is how i solved it :
    open launcher
    click on backup and from drop down preferences select palm profile and put your password for your profile, once successful go back to contacts and sync ur profile. After sync is success ull be able to add new contact

goodluck
    Hey folks.

Note: The solution that worked for me did not involve restarting, rebooting, erasing or syncing....

I was seeing the same phenomenon after installing the OS update. While attempting to add a contact, I would encounter the following message:

"There was an error saving this contact. Please try again."

Then if I clicked done / save it would say:

"The contact could not be saved." and the new contact window would close.

After reading this thread I did the following, which resolved the issue for me:

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (2) tapped the Contacts tab on top left corner.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (4) noted my accounts - Palm Profile, Facebook and Google.
    (5) looked at my "default account" and noticed that it was Google and not Palm Profile.
    (6) Changed the default profile back to Palm Profile.
    (7) back-swiped.

At this point I was able to successfully add and save a new contact.

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing this inexplicable and terribly annoying error.

- Amos
    HUD199 likes this.
    Amos -

Thanks for your common-sense, low-tech solution. I have been dreading what I might have to do for weeks to get my contacts to save again. And it was just that my default account was Outlook and not Palm Desktop like it was supposed to be (I use Echo to synch).

You totally helped me! You rock...

Jan
    Quote Originally Posted by AmosFeldman View Post
    Hey folks.

Note: The solution that worked for me did not involve restarting, rebooting, erasing or syncing....

I was seeing the same phenomenon after installing the OS update. While attempting to add a contact, I would encounter the following message:

"There was an error saving this contact. Please try again."

Then if I clicked done / save it would say:

"The contact could not be saved." and the new contact window would close.

After reading this thread I did the following, which resolved the issue for me:

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (2) tapped the Contacts tab on top left corner.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (4) noted my accounts - Palm Profile, Facebook and Google.
    (5) looked at my "default account" and noticed that it was Google and not Palm Profile.
    (6) Changed the default profile back to Palm Profile.
    (7) back-swiped.

At this point I was able to successfully add and save a new contact.

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing this inexplicable and terribly annoying error.

- Amos
    Thanks, I had the same issue and the above solution worked for me as well even though my default profile was "palm profile" i selected it again and sync'd up and am now able to save contacts!
    Any body have any other ideas, Ive tried all the ideas here short of a doctor, hopfully the update to verizon will fix the issue.
    I have tried all of the above suggestions and still no luck. Its getting frustrating i want to be able to save my contacts
    That is odd, if none of the above suggestions are working. I received the same error once and it was because I had doctored my phone and had forgotten to select a default profile for contacts. I went in and set it as my Google account and all was fine.

Have you tried the WebOS Repair Utility?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast