Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Worked for me. Thanks for the great solution!

Quote Originally Posted by AmosFeldman View Post
    Hey folks.

Note: The solution that worked for me did not involve restarting, rebooting, erasing or syncing....

I was seeing the same phenomenon after installing the OS update. While attempting to add a contact, I would encounter the following message:

"There was an error saving this contact. Please try again."

Then if I clicked done / save it would say:

"The contact could not be saved." and the new contact window would close.

After reading this thread I did the following, which resolved the issue for me:

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (2) tapped the Contacts tab on top left corner.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (4) noted my accounts - Palm Profile, Facebook and Google.
    (5) looked at my "default account" and noticed that it was Google and not Palm Profile.
    (6) Changed the default profile back to Palm Profile.
    (7) back-swiped.

At this point I was able to successfully add and save a new contact.

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing this inexplicable and terribly annoying error.

- Amos
    If there is no picture in the box in the upper right hand corner of the add contact window, tap the box and choose your primary google account. This will correct the issue.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just experienced this issue and immediately ran to the PreCentral.net forums to see if others had experienced the same thing. I was relieved to find out I was not alone! The idea of wiping out my accounts and starting over was not appealing as I have eight accounts in Contacts. I also use one of my Gmail accounts as my primary account.

After looking at Amos' tip I did something similar. I changed my Default Account to the Palm Profile, swiped back, and then changed back to my Gmail account as the Default Account and all is well. I hope this helps someone else!
    Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy yesterday!

Hey folks.

Note: The solution that worked for me did not involve restarting, rebooting, erasing or syncing....

I was seeing the same phenomenon after installing the OS update. While attempting to add a contact, I would encounter the following message:

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (5) looked at my "default account" and noticed that it was Google and not Palm Profile.
    (7) back-swiped.

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing this inexplicable and terribly annoying error.

- Amos
    Hey folks.

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (7) back-swiped.

- Amos
    This worked for me. Tho, I didnt have to change the default account. I just re selected my current default account and did a sync.
    Thanks!
    Oh my Gosh! Thank you so much for your help! I'm so glad I didn't do anything drastic when the solution was so simple!

Hey folks.

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (7) back-swiped.

- Amos
    You will know you're experiencing this issue if, like the other poster said, you see just a blank box in the top right corner. You should see two arrows in a circle for the Palm Profile or a "g" for Google. If you don't, that's why you can't save contacts. If you have even just one account, you should be able to choose it by clicking that box.

To fix this permanently, do the steps the other guy said to re-choose the default account (even if there's already one picked -- pick something else and pick it again or maybe just pick it again and that should solve it).
    Okay, so i open contacts on my pre. At the bottom left there is a circle. In that circle there is a plus sign. The top starts with the letter A and after that my contacts. Where do i go to look for the "picture in the box in the upper right hand corner of the contact window", as said by another poster has stated? or are u talking about the window in a browser on ur computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    You will know you're experiencing this issue if, like the other poster said, you see just a blank box in the top right corner. You should see two arrows in a circle for the Palm Profile or a "g" for Google. If you don't, that's why you can't save contacts. If you have even just one account, you should be able to choose it by clicking that box.

To fix this permanently, do the steps the other guy said to re-choose the default account (even if there's already one picked -- pick something else and pick it again or maybe just pick it again and that should solve it).
    Okay, so i open contacts on my pre. At the bottom left there is a circle. In that circle there is a plus sign. The top starts with the letter A and after that my contacts. Where do i go to look for the "picture in the box in the upper right hand corner of the contact window", as stated by another poster? or are u talking about the window in a browser on ur computer?
    Hey folks.

(1) I launched Contacts.
    (3) tapped "Preferences"
    (7) back-swiped.

- Amos

Worked perfect!
    I have the palm pixi plus running on page plus. I did the update to palm webos 1.4.5.1 then noticed I couldn't save contacts anymore. I saw all the different solutions on here and online but what ended up working for me is;

1. open contacts.
    2. touch 'Contacts' in upper left hand corner.
    3. touch 'Preferences & Acounts'
    4. touch 'DEFAULT ACCOUNT' and make sure the 'Palm Profile' is selected
    5. touch 'Sync Now'

after that I was able to successfully save to contacts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12