1.    #1  
    engadget posted that iphone apps can be easily made for webos in a matter of days. But it's up to the developers!
    Precentral Posted it first. That's where Engadget got it's info.
  3.    #3  
    oh. My bad. Well hope it happens. EA has some awesome games!
    I'm very much looking forward to it myself.
    Most *games*.

It will not be as simple to port productivity apps that use the iPhone UI standards.
    Do-able, yes, they're both *nix OS's, so same basic structure. Its the details that'll kill it. Apple's overlying structure is too restrictive, otherwise there'd be more Linux designed apps ported to the iPhone/iPod Touch. Bigger companies with the money to burn and a willingness to take a chance, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    ...Bigger companies with the money to burn and a willingness to take a chance, sure.
    At first, yes, but it may happen that, after initial successes by the bigger fish, that the smaller fish may try a nibble, too. It's seems to be working well for Gameloft so far. We'll see.
    I'm keeping half an eyeball on Pocket Tunes. Palm OS first, I think, then WinMo, recently a radio stream only app for the iPhone, no actual MP3 playback. When those guys make the jump, that could be a good indicator. Kinda surprised they haven't yet, being PalmOS developers.
    Thats nice. How about any 3d games to us here in canada.