Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok guys, i'm pretty sure Palm knows that there's stll quite a few bugs in 1.4.0. So let's help them out here.

The random restart/freeze problem on lock screen is a pretty big issue, and i hope that gets fixed ASAP. But what other issues are there? Some people still reporting "too many cards issues".

Any other issues which you feel must be fixed in 1.4.1? Were not talking additions/features here.

Disclaimer: This is not an anticipation thread ^_^
    Yeah the lock screen is messed up half the time, with mine it will show whatever was open when it locked with the lock slide button over it and it will still unlock, not as bad as the freeze restart thing but still quite irritating.

I still get the "too many cards" error.

Now I'm missing phone calls and text messages which never happened before 1.4 update.

The battery can start to drain for no reason, but at other times it seems to last a lot longer than normal.

The web browser has some issues now where it has the checkered thing like it hasn't loaded that section of the webpage, but it just sits there and if you move it you can see the part that is checkered but then it pops back over and I've seen this on both mine and my wife's pre. But this problem seems to be intermittent so some may see it some may not, it usually will go away on close of the browser.

Edit: Gotta add the docviewer doesn't zoom in or out with the pinch thing anymore and I know other people have seen this one as well.
    Last edited by lightmagick; 03/06/2010 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Added another issue. :)
    Having to wait for over two minutes for the phone to reboot is not the way for Palm to make friends. You have to turn things off to have any battery life worth talking about. And on top the phone does not wake up properly!
    I like this phone (Pre) but reducing usability to add new features is not the way to go
    Palm make the phone work properly before anything else.
    all these errors are because of the one bug 1.4 has which is an memory issue where a file was filled up during your update and it says you have no (ram or flash whichever it is ) memory left.
    and yes they are fixing it as we speak . When don't know.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    all these errors are because of the one bug 1.4 has which is an memory issue where a file was filled up during your update and it says you have no (ram or flash whichever it is ) memory left.
    and yes they are fixing it as we speak . When don't know.
    If that is true then doctoring to 1.4 should fix most of these issues right if so that is good because I just did that anyway
    my phone is working pretty good since 1.4 -- a few things are different enough to take a little getting use to. i do have one thing happening that is bugging me - the volume for my music player / ringer / and alarms is frequently dropping to zero. I use my phone as an alarm clock and this has almost made me late for work -- also i have missed a few calls from the ringer being off -- i do not know what is causing this or if it is related to 1.4 or not
    lock screen issue
    I was havin the lock screen issue but after removing a few patches my lock screen was straight..i dunno exactly which one it was..could have been one of the browser ones..
    Sharing recorded videos uploaded to Youtube produces a wrong link. Palm please fix that. Uploading to facebook works ok on the other hand.
    Lock screen issue
    Battery life, some days excellent some days it drops like a stone
    Not a problem but the ability to copy/cut/paste from a web page would be nice as would being able to change video resolution to make sending video MMS more practical.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Stock sprint pre;after 1.4

alarm did malfunction(would not make sound) like the speaker was muted some how/ I tested it and it didn't work till I restarted phone

no lock screen /reboot issues

no missing texts or phone calls

too many cards pops up randomly/have to close everything out and start over

long pauses/lag after closing apps (sometimes)

if phone goes to sleep logs me out of web pages

scrolling on a web page (after going back a page or refreshing) before the page finishes loading causes the page to lose it's spot and jump to the top once it finishes loading

battery life is better for most functions(except when phone is sleeping battery mysteriously drains)gps off/wifi off/all apps closed
    Last edited by bdog421; 03/06/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    since the recent update my phone's batt sucks, still havin the too much card error,the web browsing now come with a lot of checker looking boxes,batt drain fast even in sleep mood. Hope palm send out a 1.4.1 update soon to correct these issues. Woh we can't win at all.
    None of these issues. I'm bored with my Pre. It just works and sits there being all problem-less. I'm even thinking of redoctoring to see what issues will pop up.
    Inconsisttent recording times, left it recording for about 50mins, which the minutes will count up to this time, but then on stopping it sorta hangs so you have to throw the card away, then going to the video only shows some other time length of the video as being 18mins.

Then trying to re-launch the video recorder (Or even just the camera) results in a hanging grey screen, of which you have to restart the phone to gett the camera working gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    - the volume for my music player / ringer / and alarms is frequently dropping to zero. - i do not know what is causing this or if it is related to 1.4 or not
    This sounds like it is your volume rocker switch going bad. I had to return my 2nd pre because of this problem.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My phone now has issues with the lock screen just waking up and also have no time or lock screen background when it does wake up.
    I've had more random Luna restarts in the last week then I've had the other 7 months with a Pre.
    I had to do my first battery pull due to WebOS becoming completely unresponsive.
    People have told me they called and would ring on their end then go to VM. No missed call in the log and a few times my phone app would not open at all. Just the Splash screen in card view.
    Also get the Music volume randomly popping up (a lot on the lock screen) and I am not touching the volume rocker and there are no media apps running that are controlled with the Music volume.

I think I'm gonna just Dr. again but do a Full Erase this time...
  17. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    None of these issues. I'm bored with my Pre. It just works and sits there being all problem-less. I'm even thinking of redoctoring to see what issues will pop up.
    +1

same for me, after full wipeout, doctoring to 1.1.3 and 1.4 OTA though. no LUNA restarts, so far no issues with video recording. BUT no preware-ish oder ipkg-ish modifications so far! ONLY AppCatalog stuff... battery life is quite good.

missing 4x4 icons, ICQ and the blue theme ^^ lets see how long I can stand it

my 2 cents: pls mention explicit if you are using patches for this special thread here.
    current devices: PRE+
    My big issue has involved responding to long email threads. After about the 10th response, the phone becomes sluggish. The response card is slow to open and there's a lag between typing and the text displaying. After a couple more reponses, the email composition card freezes on the splash screen and the phone becomes completely unresponsive and requires a hard reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    LOL...that is true geekness ;-)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    my phone is working pretty good since 1.4 -- a few things are different enough to take a little getting use to. i do have one thing happening that is bugging me - the volume for my music player / ringer / and alarms is frequently dropping to zero. I use my phone as an alarm clock and this has almost made me late for work -- also i have missed a few calls from the ringer being off -- i do not know what is causing this or if it is related to 1.4 or not
    check for the "no alerts during call" patch

i was getting the weird zero volume for "no reason" thing since 1.4 but it seems to have been related to the patch.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast