Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    None of these issues. I'm bored with my Pre. It just works and sits there being all problem-less. I'm even thinking of redoctoring to see what issues will pop up.
    Same here with my Pre Plus. I must not be using it right. No issues - better battery life and faster in most places - love the video recorder - only wish is for mic API
    Same here, battery drops dramatically while the phone is in sleep mode even after a device restart with gps off, wifi off, no cards open.

Lock screen issues and some volume jumping... just after a 1.1.3 -> OTA 1.4 update.
    Rare too many cards issue, but when it happens it needs a reset device.

Other than that it works better than 1.3.5.x
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Random Luna restarts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    they need to fix the following issues:
    1. Random restart: my phone freezes up and resets itself after
    update 1.4
    2. The volume bug: I contantly have to increase my volume
    because it is lower without any input from me.

3. This is something that I be wanting for a while. The ability
    to set the brightness level on my on keyboard and screen
    independently. I know there's a homebrew app call
    brightness unlink, it's been broken since 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    my 2 cents: pls mention explicit if you are using patches for this special thread here.
    No patches here either, but I updated to 1.4 with patches and everything installed, and no problems that are mentioned here. I uninstalled patches because of a wallpaper reset issue. Didn't fix it though.
    would be great if version 1.4.1 or 1.5 fixed some of the work related features:

sync with outlook
    > HOTSYNC app for the Pre, one which will work with the existing desktop app

calendar
    > google birthdays are not syncing
    > month view does not show birthdays or other 'all day event'
    > day and week views have events in colours, month is grey
    > cant show week numbers
    > when you input an event, you have to specifiy a number for the day, would be better to select from a calendar.
    > reminders set in google more than 24hr before the event are shown as minutes in the palm- 2880minutes!
    They need to fix missed calls. I heard about the problems and wanted to test this out. I grabbed my home phone, had Pre beside me. Was staring at my Pre as it failed to notify I had a phone call coming in.....***?!! Come on! Get this fixed else you'll see a mass flee from Sprint. People depend on their phones for actually phone calls. Strange concept I know, but it exists!!
  8. lco
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Just got a new Pre and updated to 1.4. First few days were ok but then started having the screen lock.

The only thing I've come up with that gets rid of the screen lock is to cool it down. When it's locked out I put it in front of my air conditioning with the battery cover off. Then it starts working.

Give it a try and let me know if that works for you.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by lco View Post
    Just got a new Pre and updated to 1.4. First few days were ok but then started having the screen lock.

The only thing I've come up with that gets rid of the screen lock is to cool it down. When it's locked out I put it in front of my air conditioning with the battery cover off. Then it starts working.

Give it a try and let me know if that works for you.
    What sort of Screen Lock are you experiencing? If it's the lock screen freeze and then restart issue then it's a well documented 1.4.0 bug and shall hopefully be fixed in webOS 1.4.1 (Should be soon)
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Yeah the lock screen is messed up half the time, with mine it will show whatever was open when it locked with the lock slide button over it and it will still unlock, not as bad as the freeze restart thing but still quite irritating.

I still get the "too many cards" error.

Now I'm missing phone calls and text messages which never happened before 1.4 update.

The battery can start to drain for no reason, but at other times it seems to last a lot longer than normal.

The web browser has some issues now where it has the checkered thing like it hasn't loaded that section of the webpage, but it just sits there and if you move it you can see the part that is checkered but then it pops back over and I've seen this on both mine and my wife's pre. But this problem seems to be intermittent so some may see it some may not, it usually will go away on close of the browser.

Edit: Gotta add the docviewer doesn't zoom in or out with the pinch thing anymore and I know other people have seen this one as well.
    Ok I think I spoke too soon I am now getting the random freeze restart thing as well as my other problems
    - lock screen/Luna restart on unlock issue
    - repair pinch to zoom in PDF viewer!
    - music volume indicator popping up erratically

and last but not least.... GSM modem crashes I have since day one.
    Also got the Lock Screen Luna Restart whereas I did not have this since uninstalling Have Some Color 2.0.
    Sometimes Alarms don't go off, not even vibrating. I can check this when enabling the Alarm and changing the sound it doesn't play anything. THIS is really annoying, had luck that it happened on sunday...
    pre plus GPS
    - Automatic e-mail sync for EAS and IMAP accounts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirch777 View Post
    Inconsisttent recording times, left it recording for about 50mins, which the minutes will count up to this time, but then on stopping it sorta hangs so you have to throw the card away, then going to the video only shows some other time length of the video as being 18mins.

Then trying to re-launch the video recorder (Or even just the camera) results in a hanging grey screen, of which you have to restart the phone to gett the camera working gain.
    I am having the same issue with the video recorder.. Lock screen issue shows up randomly and the too many card issue is also a problem... and I doctored my Pre to 1.4 again and the issues are still present...not as frequent, but still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    they need to fix the following issues:
    1. Random restart: my phone freezes up and resets itself after
    update 1.4
    2. The volume bug: I contantly have to increase my volume
    because it is lower without any input from me.

3. This is something that I be wanting for a while. The ability
    to set the brightness level on my on keyboard and screen
    independently. I know there's a homebrew app call
    brightness unlink, it's been broken since 1.4.
    Brightness Unlink is working, and working well..there;s even a patch that will automatically open the app on Luna Restarts or Phone restarts, run the app and then throw the app in the background completely out of sight but working nicely. I have my keyboard light set permanently at 50% and my screen brightness set at 40% ...and I can adjust them independently without any issues.... I just installed that 2 days ago while on 1.4. Check it out.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    my pre clock is still 15mins off a day and the alarms are super unreliable.
    other than that, I am fine
  18. lco
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    What sort of Screen Lock are you experiencing? If it's the lock screen freeze and then restart issue then it's a well documented 1.4.0 bug and shall hopefully be fixed in webOS 1.4.1 (Should be soon)
    @Shadow-360 only screen lock - cooling it down will remove the screen lock and I'm back in business. Don't have to restart.
    Download 1.4 and install on my Sprint Pre (phone was wiped of all mods prior to install)

Allow battery to discharge from 100% to 0% and on the second boot up from a full discharge the email program does not recognize any email accounts (they don't show up). I go to add one of the missing accounts and even after 45min the email app cannot log back in (infinite loop logging in).

To fix this I can do a partial erase, a full erase, or a WebDoctor 1.4 clean install. Each fix has been tried twice.

Every time the problem comes back after the second full discharge, a partial discharge from 50% to 0% does not cause the email problem.

-I've called palm and so far am through to "level 2" support, I am the only person having this issue apparently.

-Anyone know if the Pre keeps a log of how it was last charged, otherwise I have a hardware issue causing a software problem? makes no sense to me either.
    -forgot to mention. all other synergy functions work; messaging, calendar and contacts even though the email app does not work.
    Last edited by rujacob; 03/10/2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: forgot to mention.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I would like to see folks who are having problems also tell us what else they have on their pre, be it patches, homebrew apps, catalog apps or just stock palm stuff. There is a growing suspicion that many of these issues are not really JUST palm's doing. That does not mean I don't think palm should work with devs to help insure these issues are less frequent, but we need to help both palm and devs find the common thread that is causing the problems so they can try to avoid it in the future...
    Just saying...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast