Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Why implement something like that when you can use Microsoft Exchange.
    Blackberry Enterprise server is a piece of middle ware that pushes the corporate email servers (could be exchange, domino, or groupwise)contents to the phone in real time. When you check your email you are pulling it from a pop3 server at intervals. BES pushes the email in real time and allows IT to control the applications on cooperate issued phones.

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Palm doesn't have to maintain servers and worry about providing support for a Palm enterprise solution.
    The product is maintained by the client not the manufacturer for example your email administrator at work would more than likely manage the BES as well.
    something that I would love to see palm adopt is something similar to itunes store credit. I realize it's easy enough to buy apps, but being 17, I'm still on my parents bill and their rules go. Having a system like the itunes credit system would definitely help by almost giving people like me a certain allowance to spend on apps. When I have itunes money, I know that I'm free to buy whatever I want, cause it's my money and it's prepaid so I don't have to wory about paying my parents back.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234