Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Ok, I did a full erase on my Pre. I then wanted to do a Doctor of the phone. Problem is now Web Doctor will not reconize my phone. I even redownloaded it, did a force recovery (vol up, replace battery). Nothing seems to work. Quick Installer can't even reconize it. When I plug the Pre into the computer, the options to charge, USB, and media sync appear. It seems that the computer itself nows the Pre is there. Please help Thanks!
    development mode on?
    Yes, turn on developer mode and it should recognize it. To enter Dev. Mode, type this into universal search "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" and hit the developer mode icon. Hope that helps(:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Ok, I did a full erase on my Pre. I then wanted to do a Doctor of the phone. Problem is now Web Doctor will not reconize my phone. I even redownloaded it, did a force recovery (vol up, replace battery). Nothing seems to work. Quick Installer can't even reconize it. When I plug the Pre into the computer, the options to charge, USB, and media sync appear. It seems that the computer itself nows the Pre is there. Please help Thanks!
    You can also put it into recovery mode.

Take the battery out, put it back in, don't turn it on, hold the up volume button and then plug it into the computer [turning the device on]. This should bring up the [I guess what is called] usb(?) icon. Then start the Doctor program.
    Just take the battery out, wait 30 seconds and start over. And make sure dev mode is on.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Dev mode on, and Recovery mode already done. Nothing works!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Uninstall Novacom. Then Go through you registry & delete all references to Palm and Novacom. Then reboot and download or move webos doctor to a different folder. Run the Dr. It should work.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgiaimo View Post
    I had the same problem. Uninstall Novacom. Then Go through you registry & delete all references to Palm and Novacom. Then reboot and download or move webos doctor to a different folder. Run the Dr. It should work.
    OK, I'm thniking you are right with the Novacom, being the issue. I uninstalled novacom, but I'm still not getting reconized. Is there more I need to delete that I have missed?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgiaimo View Post
    Ok, I got it to work. Thank you so much! I was up till 5am trying to figure that out. I can't thank you enought!
    what are you running "windows _____ " ? windows hates novacom ,so windows tends to forget novacom is even there and when that happens you have to reboot your phone and your computer and sometimes if you go into webosQI under file , options , and hit the attempt reinstall novacom driver . that will usually do the trick
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what are you running "windows _____ " ? windows hates novacom ,so windows tends to forget novacom is even there and when that happens you have to reboot your phone and your computer and sometimes if you go into webosQI under file , options , and hit the attempt reinstall novacom driver . that will usually do the trick
    Thanks....yes Windows! I got it to work, but I think may next problem will be assigning My Facebook account to my photo albums. That was the problem I was having. Some how I deleted it. So now when I try to "Add Account" I keeps saying that the user name or Password is incorrect. Any ideas on whats going on here?
    not no really lol i dont do facebook at all and no nothing about it to tell the truth ha! what you might do is a partial erase . it erases just apps and stuff like that and resets all your apps data . this fixed an app problem i had a week ago but thats the only thing i can think of
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    not no really lol i dont do facebook at all and no nothing about it to tell the truth ha! what you might do is a partial erase . it erases just apps and stuff like that and resets all your apps data . this fixed an app problem i had a week ago but thats the only thing i can think of
    A Partial/Full erase is what got me into this problem to begin with LOL! Its not a Facebook app thats not working, its the account assigned to the Pres photo album. It works for my contacts, videos, etc... Just can reassign it back to my albums!
    full erase erases everything a partial erase does not erase everything so... just sayin . anyways if thats the case then go into facebook with your computer and reset yoursettings with a new sign in password or create a new profile and put all your photos and stuff in it and then sign into that profile. i dont know what else to say .??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    full erase erases everything a partial erase does not erase everything so... just sayin . anyways if thats the case then go into facebook with your computer and reset yoursettings with a new sign in password or create a new profile and put all your photos and stuff in it and then sign into that profile. i dont know what else to say .??
    Thanks... I think you're right. That maybe my last option! I think it is Facebook who is the problem!
    When you reset your Pre (assuming you did), it asks for an email account. The email and password you first put in is what the phone indicates facebook to use. So what you wanna do is go to something like Contacts and add an acount. Add the facebook account. It will ask for an email and password, put in your correct facebook login and this should fix the problem, I promisee(:
    Quote Originally Posted by msaid View Post
    When you reset your Pre (assuming you did), it asks for an email account. The email and password you first put in is what the phone indicates facebook to use. So what you wanna do is go to something like Contacts and add an acount. Add the facebook account. It will ask for an email and password, put in your correct facebook login and this should fix the problem, I promisee(:
    no he had trouble with it sticking when he was doing this procedure already thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I tried
    no problem i was just explaining is all . thanks for the attempt though !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    In the same boat.

okay whenever I plug my phone it keeps asking for me to update a Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM) driver where do I even update this or get this from... My WOSQI has stopped reading my device aswel

this happened after i installed QPST 2.7 and when i tried to add a port it crashed my computer (windows vista 32). when the driver options first came up it wanted me to add the ethernet gadget (from tethering) which i went thru the process and works fine and i believe the NV drivewr which read fine but know WOSQI wont read my pre and when i plug it in it doesnt even give me the usb option on my phone it just charges. I would rather not doctor if possible any suggestion on to what to check or do? and ...yes dev I also have the usb Passthrough whenever i check it it all the options are on "none" and the USBNet is disabled. not sure whats exactly wrong.
    Last edited by OverLordOfYou; 03/06/2010 at 08:11 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast