1.    #1  
    So I cannot tweak the phone via 'Quick Install' because I get a prompt that says "GNU Patch and Lsdiff" are missing.
    Then it asks me if I'd like to install (those missing dependencies),but when I click OK the window just disappears and nothing happens. And yes Ive waited and tried many times.

I can do everything else via 'Quick Install' so thats not the issue.Also I do have 'Lsdiff' installed already- I can see it on the phone via Quick Install.

I'd like to try and install GNU Patch via Linux Commandline if someone could supply me with the script.

Thanks
    Last edited by supertzar1; 03/06/2010 at 03:22 AM. Reason: More info
  2.    #2  
    Ok I found it: In the Web OS Quick Install I clicked the blue 'down' arrow. Then click the drop-down menu to 'Web OS internals feed (Pre)' Then check the 'GNU Patch' box, then download, then install.

Walla!
    HOLEY CRAP THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS, I have been trying all day to get the Tweaks window to open, now it's working great.
  4.    #4  
    No worries mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertzar1 View Post
    Ok I found it: In the Web OS Quick Install I clicked the blue 'down' arrow. Then click the drop-down menu to 'Web OS internals feed (Pre)' Then check the 'GNU Patch' box, then download, then install.

Walla!
    I tried that and when I click the blue down arrow nothing happens??
    Installing a patch via preware will automatically install the dependent packages (lsdiff and patch in the case of patches)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I'll try this