1.    #1  
    The sixty-four million dollar question, and one that has probably been asked many times here:

Should I buy a Pre on O2 in the UK or wait? What with the Pre Plus GSM getting TUV approval and I would imagine that O2 don't have the same long exclusive agreement with Palm as they did with Apple, I'd hate to buy a Pre now and find the plus version is coming out in a month on O2 or another (better) network.

I wonder if this is hurting Palm sales in Europe?
    I'm not sure when or if gsm+ will arrive here
    Hell,we don't even have the pixi here yet,
    What better networks are there?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Every network I've tried is better than O2. I couldn't wait to find out if the Pre would come out on another network so I got one anyway. Apart from network coverage at home, I haven't regretted it at all. Nearly a quarter through my contract with O2, can't wait till I can switch to Vodafone, assuming O2 will unlock my Pre at the end of my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Every network I've tried is better than O2. I couldn't wait to find out if the Pre would come out on another network so I got one anyway. Apart from network coverage at home, I haven't regretted it at all. Nearly a quarter through my contract with O2, can't wait till I can switch to Vodafone, assuming O2 will unlock my Pre at the end of my contract.
    O2 is better than Orange in my area.

For the OP, yes a Pre Plus would be nice, but actually I can't see how if would be better day on day than my current Pre.

Sure, if I could get it as a free upgrade after 12 months I'd have one, but I'm not losing any sleep over my current Pre.

If a 'brand' new webOS phone comes out any time soon, I doubt we will see it for 12 months in the UK
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I'm Pretty sure the Palm Pre Plus/ Pixi Plus will be available soon on SFR in france, and by law they're required to sell phones unlocked. So that might be the way to go.
    I would say wait, will be worth it, not only will their be better hardware but the OS will be more stable...that is no glitches like in 1.4

All be it that 4g palm phone will probably get released soon after in america...but I doubt we will have 4g here for a few years.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'd go for it and buy one now.
    We don't know if the gsm+ will be released here at all, let alone any time soon, and given that we don't have Pixi, we may well not see it for a while.
    In my experience, the o2 network seems fine (and is better than Orange in my area), and I've had no problems with them. I get a friends and family discount on my contract as well so 24/month for my Pre seems like quite the bargain!
    Also, if you get a Pre now you get the free Touchstone.
    I'd say go for it also. I've found O2 to be great, i get full signal in my area and i like how sending texts abroad come out of your allowance (well four texts equals one international text). It could be ages until we get the Pre Plus as we haven't even got the Pixi yet. The free touchstone was a great addition from O2. Buy it!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    I like how sending texts abroad come out of your allowance (well four texts equals one international text).
    I had no idea that o2 did this! I was wondering why my last bill wasn't crazy expensive after being in America for a week!
    Also, their call charges from abroad aren't as expensive as they claim to be online. On the website it says it's 137p/min from the USA but mine worked out to be about 1/min for some reason.