1.    #1  
    a lot of people suggest doctoring if you want to speed up the webos 1.4

i feel like my apps take a tad bit too long

also, i have several patches that weren't erased when i upgraded to 1.4, except they don't show up on preware or webosqi which is kinda annoying

i wouldnt mind doctoring except, IT TAKES FOREVER to reorganize everything! i have like 5 launcher pages and all organized and i think doctoring WOULD make me go thru hrs of reorganizing

but i still see lots of people doctor their device as if its no big deal, so what gives?
    The palm Profile saves your launcher pages and how they're organized. (except for homebrew)
  3.    #3  
    You sure??

So if I doctor my phoen right now, it will be restored (4 pages, named launcher pages, and the order of the apps, and launchpoint contacts)

but doesnt doctoring remove all your patches (and thus removing the new launcher pages???)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yes you will have 3 pages; with everything on the 4th page being bumped to the 3rd page.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah but I have 5 pages................so will pages 1 and 2 remain exactly intact?
    they will still be there ,at least they were on my phone and it did not delete my patches but it deleted the knowledge of them lol . they were all left there they just did show up in preware when i reloaded it ha ha be useing the reconstruction and migration patches i then just reinstalled them right on top of the patch and they took
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    You sure??

So if I doctor my phoen right now, it will be restored (4 pages, named launcher pages, and the order of the apps, and launchpoint contacts)

but doesnt doctoring remove all your patches (and thus removing the new launcher pages???)
    Technically having more launcher pages is not a patch, it's actually a part of the OS that is commented out. Your pages won't be named. I can't confirm the launchpoint stuff. But the number of pages and the organization of app catalog apps in the pages will remain. (be advised that does not include homebrew)
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    i doctored the other day to start fresh with 1.4 and had all 5 of my launcher pages when I came back online. They were organized quite oddly, one had only one app on it (Woot!) but they were all there...
  9.    #9  
    okay cool....
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    You sure??

yes for sure. i just doctored (not the 1st time) and your palm apps icons will reappear in the same order. however, you will have to move them to your extra pages.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    yes for sure. i just doctored (not the 1st time) and your palm apps icons will reappear in the same order. however, you will have to move them to your extra pages.
    and as punishment for posting this, my Pre+ crashed for some reason while re-installing apps. although i could download all my paid apps for free, my palm profile totally forgot to install all apps, paid or free. also for some reason my palm profile no longer had the same password as it has had for the last 9 months. my wifi setting survived the reboot somehow as did dev mode.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I believe ever since they moved apps to media/internal, the doctor doesn't erase it no more.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!