1.    #1  
    Will there be a WebOS Firefox App in the future? The iPhone has it so I was just wondering about that.
    If it is out for iPhones, it'll be for jailbroken ones only. But I also want to know if there are any browsers that are being ported or developed for webOS. Fennec Fox or Opera would do wonders compared to the webOS standard browser. I mean it's a good browser, just a little too buggy still.
  3.    #3  
    true
    this browser has bugs?? Wow never noticed any at all that's funny?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Will there be a WebOS Firefox App in the future? The iPhone has it so I was just wondering about that.
    Do a search or look in the PreCentral columns by the editors as I am quite sure there was one on a browser by Mozilla that is, maybe, in the works. It was in the last 6 weeks or so...I think.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this browser has bugs?? Wow never noticed any at all that's funny?
    I think what he meant by bugs were things like the slow(er) rendering that came with 1.4 (checker board as you scroll), the auto refresh when you return to a card, scroll when you type in a form like I am now and I have to move the screen to see what I typed, and the list goes on, but yea the broswer has bugs for sure.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I really doubt the I-phone has firefox. Firefox supports flash, and apple really doesn't like adobe. The only browser allowed for a un-jailbroken i-phone is the one that come with it.
    I can tell you that opera mini is coming out for the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I can tell you that opera mini is coming out for the iphone.
    Developed, yes, it does exist. Not submitted to the App Store yet, though, and I'll be willing to bet it'll never get approved. The iPhone runs Safari, Opera is a direct competitor. I seriously doubt it would even make it very far into the approval stage, any more than mobile IE would, or a mobile FireFox. Nothing that's a replacement for an Apple product has made it into the app store yet.
    iPhone, Android, and WebOS all use WebKit. If there are rendering problems or they need to fix it so the page loads up right away in the background I don't think replacing the whole browser would make any sense.

For one, webkit is what renders most of the apps. If it was built custom it would have to be using the PDK. I don't know if that would even run any better, that sounds like it would use more resources. Can PDK apps even support copy/paste etc? They also don't have app menus. It just doesn't seem to fit.
  11.    #11  
    Oh, but doesn't the iTouch have Firefox, and safari??

we want that too!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Oh, but doesn't the iTouch have Firefox, and safari??

we want that too!
    what's an itouch? People keep calling the ipod TOUCH an itouch.it sounds so stupid.
    Here's a recent article talking about Mozilla's mobile version of Firefox (called "Fennec") and the headway it's making for Android - but don't hold your breath for iPhone (as if anyone would).
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    what's an itouch? People keep calling the ipod TOUCH an itouch.it sounds so stupid.
    +1. You paid how much for the iPod? And you don't even know what its called?

I'll be back, I gotta polish the chrome on my Porch.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Just an FYI, I'm sure there have been people that have ran the X11 version of Firefox on their jailbroken iPhones. I've ran it myself on my Pre and it's slooowwwww. I've also used Pidgin and X-Chat. Again, very slow (though I have a feeling Pidgin could be quite usable wth some overclocking).
    obviously they need to be optimized for smartphones. Running firefox with x11 on a 600mhz + 256Mb computer,of course it will be slow.

we will see what pdk will do.