Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just traded in my Palm Pre for a reconditioned one 2 days ago and did the webos doctor with 1.4 on it. I've since reinstalled all my apps, preware, my patches, and homebrew exactly as it was on my old phone. I also did import my database file like the precentral article describes for keeping your text messages and other stuff entact. All went well, until I tried sending pics via MMS to a couple people this evening and none will go through! I've rebooted. I even uninstalled my messaging plugins thinking they were possibly interfering but still doesn't work. Anyone else having this issue? Or perhaps Sprint is having issues this evening? Anything else data wise is working fine!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.4 last weekend and I am having probs sending pics via mms as well tonight. My pre is standard--no homebrew, preware, patches, etc. for me.
    yup. MMS broke with the patch last I heard.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    btw i'm pre + on verizon
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    yup. MMS broke with the patch last I heard.
    What patch? You mean 1.4?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    I updated to 1.4 last weekend and I am having probs sending pics via mms as well tonight. My pre is standard--no homebrew, preware, patches, etc. for me.
    You make me feel better then. You on sprint? Wonder if its a sprint thing tonight?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    nope pre+ on verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You make me feel better then. You on sprint? Wonder if its a sprint thing tonight?
    What's your phone # I'll test it?

I'll find out in a sec... I just sent my wife a pic of my car. She hates when I do that. The timestamp just turned black, I think it did.

Edit: Ha! It went through. She answered it with "Nope", which means, she doesn't want to go in the Maverick tomorrow for our anniversary date. :'(
  9.    #9  
    Hah, k this is really weird being that it is affecting both Sprint and Verizon users.. Wouldn't think both networks would be having MMS issues the same night.. if anyone figures anything out, please report back.. thanks alot!
    Ok my wife is tired of me sending her pictures.. called me a stalker. For the record, both on Sprint, my Pre to her Pixi. Pre has patches and homebrew, Pixi only a few homebrew apps.

Did my MMS to you not come through? I followed up with an SMS just now.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ok my wife is tired of me sending her pictures.. called me a stalker. For the record, both on Sprint, my Pre to her Pixi. Pre has patches and homebrew, Pixi only a few homebrew apps.

Did my MMS to you not come through? I followed up with an SMS just now.
    The SMS was the only ones that came through. No MMS whatsoever.
    I sent someone pics yesterday through mms and they never got it.

I'm on Bell Mobiliy.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i got a MMS... about 12 hours after the person sent it...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    just as an update i'm still unsuccessful in sending pic text from verizon pre + to wife's at&t phone...in fact failing with both at&t phones i've tried. Going to try sending to another verizon phone & will update
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    unsuccessful to verizon phone as well
  16.    #16  
    I am on sprint and I am not on wifi and still unable to send any MMS pics or even receive them it seems as well. This is really frustrating that I can't figure out why.
  17.    #17  
    For what its worth, this is what is breaking functionality for me!
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information
    This restoring of my backed up database after a webos doctor to bring back all my text messages is what is making MMS pic sending break. I've doctored twice today and it worked fine sending MMS pics to multiple people until I restored this database file and then it just sits there and does nothing indefinitely. Sucks.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    hmmm interesting thing for me is I have stock pre+--no doc, preware, homebrew, patches, etc. Definitely ffruustrating.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    sounds like this might have been a problem with the ownership/permissions on the database file upon restore~
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    For what its worth, this is what is breaking functionality for me!
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information
    This restoring of my backed up database after a webos doctor to bring back all my text messages is what is making MMS pic sending break. I've doctored twice today and it worked fine sending MMS pics to multiple people until I restored this database file and then it just sits there and does nothing indefinitely. Sucks.
    I discovered I had this same problem when 1.3.5.1 came out and I restored my PalmDatabase.db3 file. I waited to see if 1.4 would fix it but it did not. I also could not enable google services under Location Services and the calendar didn't show any appointments on the weekly view. We diagnosed the problem in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...c-mms-gps.html

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast