1.    #1  
    it really bites *** the the video app recordes in such a high file format that the people you send it to cant open it cause its too big ... is there a fix for this problem yet ?
    tell them to get a pre
    Brennan, agreed -
    Maybe Im mis understanding, youre complaining because it records in a very high quality ?
    hmmm.....
  4.    #4  
    what use is it if you cant share it ... mainley my son and wife .. .. its a joke to wait so long for a fail in compatability... why take video if you can send it .... lower resolution options needed !
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    tell them to get a pre
    This.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    The video editing is so you can trim the size of the file so others can see it, too.
    they need better phones,lol. Email it to them. I here ya,,my wife could not play a video I sent her on her centro. But my daughters pixie plays everything
    Quote Originally Posted by matt406regal View Post
    what use is it if you cant share it ... mainley my son and wife .. .. its a joke to wait so long for a fail in compatability... why take video if you can send it .... lower resolution options needed !
    I can't send 30 second video clips recorded on the Pre via MMS to any of my friends.

I tried sending to a Verizon friend. MMS failed.

I tried sending to an AT&T friend. Got a SMS that said the file was too big.

If you can't share 30 second clips via MMS, that needs to be fixed. Perhaps lower resolution can be an option.

Otherwise, the camcorder feature is awesome. The video quality is great and uploads to both Facebook & YouTube have not been a problem for me.
  9.    #9  
    ejohnnyk thats what im saying .... patch needed asap..
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ejohnnyk, are you sending it from your video in the option drop down menu? I send it from text app and add attachment and this seams to work. Hope this helps if you haven;t tried.
    You could upload it to Youtube and send them the link....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    yeah I couldn even send a 20 sec. Video to my friends iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I can't send 30 second video clips recorded on the Pre via MMS to any of my friends.

I tried sending to a Verizon friend. MMS failed.

I tried sending to an AT&T friend. Got a SMS that said the file was too big.

If you can't share 30 second clips via MMS, that needs to be fixed. Perhaps lower resolution can be an option.

Otherwise, the camcorder feature is awesome. The video quality is great and uploads to both Facebook & YouTube have not been a problem for me.
    Just post it to youtube. they will automatically compress it. I hate it when people send me huge attachments. Posy it on a social site and send them the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt406regal View Post
    it really bites *** the the video app recordes in such a high file format that the people you send it to cant open it cause its too big ... is there a fix for this problem yet ?
    +1

I agree with this, file format should be selectable.. I recoreded a 46 second file today and it came out over 6meg. , depending on the light, the file size changes so that in day light file sizes are huge. This would not normally be a problem as i like good quality video but when we are talking about a phone app, and even gmail clips it video attachments to around 10meg. high video formats are a bit silly if you want to send them OTA.

Dont know if this will help anyone but i am going to install PreCorder again for OTA video , the file size on this was nice and small compared to the new 1.4 version. I think it was around 1 - 2meg a minute and quality was more than ok for what you got
    Yeah, I think a good way to go would be to have selectable resolutions. I've used mine to upload videos to youtube, and I want full quality there, but if I was recording something that I wished to share via MMS, it would be nice to be able to take that existing high quality video and reduce the resolution to send.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Just post it to youtube. they will automatically compress it. I hate it when people send me huge attachments. Posy it on a social site and send them the link.
    I for one, do not want to use a public forum like that to pass a video off to a friend. Just because I want one other person to see a video, does not mean I want everyone else to see it.