1.    #1  
    So after 6 days on 1.4 GSM pre my screen turns to black when I dial a number. So I can't end the call.

The only way to end the call is to take the battery out or to Orang+Sym+R the thing...anybody having similar issues?

Any ideas what could cause this?

BTW my package manager service, although installed and updated isn't running...preware loads up but doesn't do a thing. No patches or themes installed so far...only NFS installed, Monopoly failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    So after 6 days on 1.4 GSM pre my screen turns to black when I dial a number. So I can't end the call.

The only way to end the call is to take the battery out or to Orang+Sym+R the thing...anybody having similar issues?

Any ideas what could cause this?

BTW my package manager service, although installed and updated isn't running...preware loads up but doesn't do a thing. No patches or themes installed so far...only NFS installed, Monopoly failed.
    you should uninstall preware and package manager service. and then reinstall them both but this time while in the feeds you need to manually install , gnu patch , diffstat , lsdiff , then load then and install them and then open preware and install any and all updates in preware before you do anything else. this should fix you up . if you have any trouble just ask and i will help anyway i can!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply. I doctored the phone back to 1.3.5.2. and am now upgrading to 1.4 again, that should clear if this is a hardware bug or not?
    you use a screen protection?
  5.    #5  
    Yes, but it worked perfectly well since October
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    Yes, but it worked perfectly well since October
    My pre started doing this as well. i had to remove the screen protection, wipe it clean then reapply. No more black screen
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    you use a screen protection?
    Update: I removed it just now and the phone works perfect.

What is this? Can anyone explain this? I had a screen protector for months without any problems...Now it makes problems...wow I am speechless...

thank you, thank you, thank you
  8.    #8  
    That is why precentral is so great. everyone is helpful and giving hints so you can solve the problem.

I talked to the support rep and he had the idea that somehow the phone must have had suddenly the idea it is at my ear and subsequently turns off the screen so I am not dialing with my ear or cheek.

Nice guys over there on the support line. They leave you with a positive feeling and I felt like my problem has been taken seriously. That is what is important.
    Last edited by Juize; 03/06/2010 at 08:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    It could be becouse of the dust colected or something..