1.    #1  
    I have not quite figured out how to take a screen shot of the lock screen because the phone unlocks itself when the keyboard is out.

The effect I am seeing is that the screen locks but the wallpaper doesnt come up over your webos applications. So it looks just like an unlocked screen (including showing your active card/cards) with a simple unlock "padlock" circle at the bottom. If you are not worried about security/privacy this can be a neat effect. the only way I found to fix it is to restart luna.

If anyone knows how to capture the lock screen I will upload a picture.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I see the same thing... Its kinda cool... But annoying at the same time. I like being able to pree the power button to get the time... Now I need to either open the slider or drag the lock up...

going to restart luna now.
    i saw that when I first updated to 1.4. It hasn't done it since.
  4.    #4  
    I think Palm should make this an option. Top bar should show date/time while it's enabled.
    its happened to me as well right after the update but i have not seen it since
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yeah, happened to me a couple of times too. I re-booted it and hasn't happened since.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Yup. I saw this yesterday for the first time. Luna reboot and it was gone. I was network syncing Classic with Missing Sync at the time, and I could still watch the whole process despite the lock!
    Saw this today for the first time. Rebooted and it's working normally again.
    i think its happened to many (if not most) there is another thread about it.
    That's how my lock screen has been since installing 1.4. I thought Palm did that on purpose lol.
    Seems to be getting worse or maybe I just noticed it today. But I'm experiencing this bug all day long and luna restarts only temporarily cure the problem.
    I quite like it!
    I get this often now. I don't know how I feel about it. I like being able to hit my power button to quickly see the time.

Do we think it might be a patch causing it?
    just started happening to me today.
    Restarted Luna and it returned to normal.
    I've only seen this problem when I had a theme installed. Removed the theme and I haven't had it happen since.
    it's definitely not a theme and I doubt that it's a patch. This has been happening pretty frequently to me as well. It also happened on a completely stock pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    I've seen this "problem" several times, luna restart always fixes it.

Yesterday I had a different "problem" -- the phone wouldn't lock at all! It acted like it was still plugged into the charger. Screen would time out and go black, but flicking the power button would turn it right back on with no lock screen. Again, a luna restart resolved this, but seems like there must be something flaky in the code dealing with the lock screen.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My phone did this today the first time and I like it. I would love to keep it that way. Maybe someone can patch this bug to occur all the time? :-)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I've seen this "problem" several times, luna restart always fixes it.

Yesterday I had a different "problem" -- the phone wouldn't lock at all! It acted like it was still plugged into the charger. Screen would time out and go black, but flicking the power button would turn it right back on with no lock screen. Again, a luna restart resolved this, but seems like there must be something flaky in the code dealing with the lock screen.
    I've never seen this bug (it would actually be helpful to me to not have the lock screen coming up). What do you mean 'like it was still plugged into the charger'? On my Pre even when charging the screen turns off and it goes into lock mode. Yours doesn't do that when charging?