1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I'm working on a new version of the iPhone User Agent Spoof patch, but all the sites in my bookmarks now work fine without the patch! So if you all could be kind enough to post examples of sites that work better with the patch that would be great for my testing.

Thanks,
    Carl

PS: Please, this is not the thread for philosophical posts about whether the patch should exist or not. Thank you for understanding!
  2.    #2  
    Found one: The Gizmodo mobile site (m.gizmodo.com) looks much better with the patch.
    [m.ebuddy.com]

Takes you to a optimized iPhone/Touch version of the site with the patch.
    I've been curious about what sites work better with this too.
    I still am not understanding while I went to one site, which uses flash videos, when I had pre # 1 ( on pre # 2 now ) and it played the vids / streamed them fine, now when I go I get the flash error - I just dont get it, why it worked on that one and not the newest one. If flash wasnt on my phone at all, what is the deal ? ( I thought maybe it had to do with the Ispoof agent ) but its on the new one now and still doesnt work - same flash error..... can some body please explain this to me !?
    I know I will get argued with, but again, it worked before now I get flash errors so you tell me!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Home Theater Shack gives you the mobile site with the patch. For some reason without it I can't get to it. But the user agent switch ruins the Engadget app and I love that thing so I had to live without the spoof...
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I like the website in Santa Rosa for the Press Democrat newspaper. Definitely looks much better with the patch. In fact, it is better than the full site! Here is the link.

Santa Rosa News, Weather, Sports and Business | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat
    I loved this patch before 1.4, but don't see the real need for it anymore, the site I needed it for before was chase mobile banking, but now mobilebanking.chase.com works perfectly. I'm glad I don't need the patch anymore, cuz sites like addictinggames would take me to iphone page where I plan to use the pre in the future for flash games.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    guys please dnt use that patch( nothing against the dev) but if you use that patch it makes it look like an iphone therefor, when they see wat mobile devices are using the web the most ur juss making the iphone look bigger( it is) and making it look like there are less webos users using the web..
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sth fatal View Post
    guys please dnt use that patch( nothing against the dev) but if you use that patch it makes it look like an iphone therefor, when they see wat mobile devices are using the web the most ur juss making the iphone look bigger( it is) and making it look like there are less webos users using the web..
    As you can see at Device Atlas, that's not true. Even with the patch, the phone is still shown to be a Pre. If you're going to ignore what I ask for in the thread, you should at least know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 03/06/2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: grammar
    Bump.
    espn pulls up mobile
    bank of america
    usa today
    if you go to Seego.com they have links to hundreds of iphone optimized sites that work with the pre's iphone spoof patch.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    did you get that clipcarl ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    wireless.rivals.com works better with the patch, however, I have noticed that browsing is noticeably slower with the patch than without. I tested the newest version of the patch, if that helps. I have since uninstalled it. No other patches on my phone.