Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is it doing? What takes up so much power. It's off in my pocket for 8 hours, and it loses 40 percent. Is this normal?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Can be lots of things.. if you are roaming, searching for a signal alot, setting certain programs to go online at close intervals, open apps that arent needed, and if you have wi-fi on and its not locked onto a solid signal as well...
    Sometimes a nice reset cleans things up... experiment...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Also make sure you are logged out of messaging.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    im logged out of everything, my wifi is off, no programs open. I do probably search for a signal a lot, because there is no service in my school. But my bberry used to do that and be fine. That can't be why its draining so much
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella72 View Post
    im logged out of everything, my wifi is off, no programs open. I do probably search for a signal a lot, because there is no service in my school. But my bberry used to do that and be fine. That can't be why its draining so much
    Duh hahaha. That's the reason. Any phone will have this problem. Searching for a signal is a majro bettery waster. I have left my phone on my desk at work untouched, with a clear signal for 9 hours...and it used about 5%.
    Agreed, in the last 10 years, I have not yet had a phone that would not run the battery down when there was a weak/no signal situation.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    Duh hahaha. That's the reason. Any phone will have this problem. Searching for a signal is a majro bettery waster. I have left my phone on my desk at work untouched, with a clear signal for 9 hours...and it used about 5%.
    I dont know. Like i said, i never had any problems with that and my berry, Doesnt seem like it would drain it this much. And even if it is, how do i fix that?
    Yeh....Im also disappointed...Palm needs to do something about that. Even the extended battery crap dies in about 4 hours of me playing sims 3 when i was bored on the bus
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    and make sure you turn off LED notifications....its drains the battery
    Make sure you pay attention to where it shows "similar" threads when you go to create a thread.

I know a couple dozen threads about this same issue doesn't seem like enough, but trust me...it is!
    I get 2 days out of my battery. I live in NY. I never dont have a signal. I text all day, play a few games, read the news etc.. I even jog with it listening to music. I still get 2days. Maybe you need to remove your battery put it back in. You prob have a memory leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I get 2 days out of my battery. I live in NY. I never dont have a signal. I text all day, play a few games, read the news etc.. I even jog with it listening to music. I still get 2days. Maybe you need to remove your battery put it back in. You prob have a memory leak.
    No, you just have a freak battery/phone combo going on. No "smartphone" can last that long on a normal basis, unless they have a god-battery.
    Don't forget that synergy is constantly running. Turn your data connection off.
    ALL smartphones have short battery life when running apps such as games and other things that max out the processor, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out. If you are not happy with it then go back to a dumbphone.
  15.    #15  
    if you're talking to me, read the title. I said in standby. I also said i keep nothing running. And wifi is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBKPRE View Post
    not true.
    Originally Posted by NYBKPRE

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    not true.

Air Jordan is correct, I have gone to sleep with my phone unplugged and received a text just after I left my phone, the next day I still had a significant amount of battery life left. This was with the Preware LED notification... but i pray for the sake of Palm that their notification system is at least as effecient as Preware's (this is in no way meant to degrade preware patches).
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Before I installed preware my battery never moved from 100% when not in use. I did not time it but at least 2 hours passed and it did not change. Now I installed preware and in 10 minutes I lose 3%. I am going to get rid of it and see if anything changed
    I don't have preware and my battery drains like crazy when not in use
    I've found especially with CDMA phones is if you have a weaker signal it drains the battery faster. I recently read in a similar thread that wifi uses less battery when you have a weaker EVDO signal. My brief testing seems to support that. Your mileage may vary.
    It's just you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast