Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nawh...

If its a weaker signal then the phone pumps more batteries into the antenna to boost it no? It drains faster. Wifi is usually more efficient too. I hear some peoples routers are lame, though. Those with lame routers drain more pwr with wifi.
    Okay, this is my first cdma phone and my battery goes dead fast when I'm in school too. My gsm phones in my signature never had this problem.

Now my school has 3 floors. When I'm on the main floor and top floor I just turn my data off. When I'm on the bottom floor (underground kinda) I just put my phone on airplane mode. Because if I don't i could lose up to 30% percent of my battery in 1hr 3min.

So for about 8+ when school is over I have about 65% battery life left. I hate that I have to do all these steps to keep a decent battery life, but I guess that's what i get for going cdma.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I got rid of preware and now the battery lasts very long. it has been a few hours not in use and I only lost 2%. I have GPS off and email set to as they arrive for gmail. If email is set to check during intervals or you are using POP with email for as they arrive then it will use up the battery.
    FYI if you have ur email set to as it arrives then ur battery is going to drain faster... That means it's constantly checking... I keep my email on every 30mins and the battery stil sucks. I'm pretty sure webos isn't fully optimise and or the hardware is to powerful for the battery that comes stock. I might move to the HTC supersonic if the pre 2 doesn't improve.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    yeah battery sucks.

low signal is the worst for battery.
    I have to turn on airplane mode if i'm in low signal areas.

Btw, I wouldn't compare palm pre battery with blackberry battery. One can last a couple days on a single charge and one barely lasts half a day on a single charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I get 2 days out of my battery. I live in NY. I never dont have a signal. I text all day, play a few games, read the news etc.. I even jog with it listening to music. I still get 2days. Maybe you need to remove your battery put it back in. You prob have a memory leak.
    I call BS. My phone sitting in perfect signal with nothing open will die in 20-33hrs. Add any of those things you listed, and it'd no way last a full day. And this is after 1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    FYI if you have ur email set to as it arrives then ur battery is going to drain faster... That means it's constantly checking... I keep my email on every 30mins and the battery stil sucks. I'm pretty sure webos isn't fully optimise and or the hardware is to powerful for the battery that comes stock. I might move to the HTC supersonic if the pre 2 doesn't improve.
    as it arrives is push notification. it is not constantly checking. it will get mail when you receive it. Now, if you get a ton of mail, yes, this will drain your battery.

but yes, the Pre is on the bottom rung of battery life.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    If you are in school where there is no signal and you aren't using it anyway, then just put it in airplane mode. This will keep it from searching for a signal which is what is killing your battery. Or better yet, just turn it completely off.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12