1.    #1  
    When I went to bed last night, my Pre was about 95% charged, not hooked up to any charging device, not running any applications, no clock alarms were set, it was not in airplane mode, and wifi was turned off.

When I woke up this morning, it wouldn't turn on.

Put it on the touchstone and checked back 1/2 hour later to find it displaying "Palm" in glowing, but not pulsating, letters. And that's how it is still, after 3 hours or so. Pressing the power button does nothing. Taking it off the touchstone does nothing. I'm leaving it on the touchstone for now.

Any ideas? I was still running the old version; would they have pushed the new one onto my Pre without asking, and could that be the problem? Could it be that the download drained my batteries, and now the operating system is in some bad state?

Thanks.
    I had the same issue a while back. Brought it to the store and it was the battery. They replaced it and it worked flawlessly.
    I would suggest pulling the battery for a minute and see if you can your Pre to come back up.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    same thing happened to me once. If you don't have the pre sitting perfectly on the touchstone it won't give the correct charging voltage. It will give a smaller voltage than what the battery needs to charge causing a discharge condition. Once the battery gets down to a certain voltage the phone shuts off. If you plug your pre into the wall charger for 5 minutes it should come back to life.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Fought with it for a couple of days doing weird stuff like this. I was using a 3rd party battery extended life battery (Mugen maybe? Can't recall the name of the manufacturer). I pulled it and went back to the Palm battery and haven't had a problem since.
    Plug the charger into the wall outlet and let it charge for a while. Then see if it will turn on.
  7.    #7  
    You guys are awesome.

I tried plugging it directly into the wall charger, and that didn't help. I removed the battery, put it back in after a minute, plugged it into the wall charger, and now it's back! The battery is low, but charging (it's the original battery that came with the Pre), and I'm still running WebOS version 1.3.5.1.

Thanks, all!