1.    #1  
    Here's the scoop:

I've got a replacement Pre coming tomorrow or the next. I've patched and tweaked my phone a lot, customizing since I got it on launch day. Just a few days ago, took a trip to the Dr. and have left it stock since.

Seeing as how I'm going to be replacing a phone here soon, I've decided that it's probably time to test out some stuff that *might* be hazardous to the hardware. Any suggestions?
    So your looking to inflict intentional damage to the device before sending it to the insurance company?

Top of my head....shove it up your **** and sick your finger into a light socket. That should do it.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 03/05/2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    the sky's the limit
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i think he means the 600mhz patch
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    So your looking to inflict intentional damage to the device before sending it to the insurance company?

Top of my head....shove it up you **** and sick your finger into a light socket. That should do it.
    YOU trollin'
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    YOU trollin'
    Hardly...I just find the notion of intentionally damaging equipment that you are supposed to send back to the insurance company in good faith to be deplorable. I was a teenager once too but come on.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  

Top of my head....shove it up your **** and sick your finger into a light socket. That should do it.
    Have you personally test the light socket trick?
    Does it supercharge the phone?

And in regards to that suggestion, I likewise tell BOTH of those companies for replacing my otherwise perfect phone with something that also had problems - but has been *fixed* - to put their important parts in a bucket of water. I don't think it's right that they replace the phone with a refurbished one that may or not be in worse condition than my previous one. It SHOULD be brand-spanking new, not pseudo-new.

And I'm not sending it to Palm insurance. SPRINT insurance - it's their problem. They take it and it goes into cell phone oblivion with the rest of the busted phones with cracked housing. It's never being used again.

I walk out of the store with my partially new phone - that's the deal. I wasn't asking for knee-jerk negative comments like that - very childish, I must say.
  8.    #8  
    Hardly...I just find the notion of intentionally damaging equipment that you are supposed to send back to the insurance company in good faith to be deplorable. I was a teenager once too but come on.
    It's probably not about intentionally damaging the equipment as you are thinking. I'm just referring to patches or tweaks that people are scared to try or are curious about, and would be interested in a firsthand account of how it works by someone with a phone that really has nothing to lose.
    You feel that Sprint has done wrong by you so you want to destroy the phone before you give it back to them? If I'm wrong just tell me. If not I feel that is a poor position for you to take.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  10.    #10  
    You feel that Sprint has done wrong by you so you want to destroy the phone before you give it back to them? If I'm wrong just tell me. If not I feel that is a poor position for you to take.
    I don't feel anyone has done me wrong like that, and my goal is not to intentionally DESTROY my phone per say, but rather try some stuff on it that I (or others) have been hesitant to try for fear of bricking or hurting their phone.

It's more about advancing the line on what can safely be done on a phone. Do you consider alpha and beta testers to be destroying phones? Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack.shiot View Post
    I don't feel anyone has done me wrong like that, and my goal is not to intentionally DESTROY my phone per say, but rather try some stuff on it that I (or others) have been hesitant to try for fear of bricking or hurting their phone.

It's more about advancing the line on what can safely be done on a phone. Do you consider alpha and beta testers to be destroying phones? Just a thought.
    Oh, I see your point now. I think that's cool to try. No biggie in that case IMO.