Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In 1.3.5.1, setting speed dials worked for me with no issues.

1.4, I could no longer set speed dials (name & number would show up with a blank screen).

As I started looking more into this issue, I thought that maybe one of my previous speed dial entries in 1.3.5.1 was corrupted.

I noticed that in 1.3.5.1, I had set the letter "Z" as a speed dial. By default in other Pre's that I was able to get my hands on, the letters "Z" and "B" cannot be set as speed dials in 1.4 (Not sure why). This was the case in two other Sprint Pre's that I checked.

When I found the contact that had the letter "Z" assigned to it (I did not have the letter "B" assigned to anyone), I was surprised that I had the option to remove the "Z" speed dial from that contact. Once I removed it, all of my speed dial options were enabled again.

Hope this helps those that were having this problem.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    OH MY GOD... It is the "Z". Thank you so much... That was frustrating.

I can't believe you figured it out.

thank you sooooooo much!!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dina716 View Post
    OH MY GOD... It is the "Z". Thank you so much... That was frustrating.

I can't believe you figured it out.

thank you sooooooo much!!!!

Glad it worked for you Dina
    Thanks, Achill3s! Mine was the B. Damn, my sister's name starts with a B and it's been my speed dial for her for 10 years--oh, well. At least it's solved--good work!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Wow, I hadn't even noticed since I didn't need to set any new speed dials yet but you are right. Anyone know why they won't let us use Z or B any longer?
    I have my wife's cell set as 'B' and it does not give me the option to delete. It doesn't show that I have 'B' set at all, yet when I press and hold 'B' it dials her number. It gave me the option to delete the 'W' for her work number, but not the 'B.' Any ideas?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledsoxfan View Post
    I have my wife's cell set as 'B' and it does not give me the option to delete. It doesn't show that I have 'B' set at all, yet when I press and hold 'B' it dials her number. It gave me the option to delete the 'W' for her work number, but not the 'B.' Any ideas?
    Are you able to set other numbers for speed dials?

What happened when you removed "W" for her work number? Did you then get the option to remove the "B?" (There might be some correlation with having more than one speed dial set for the same contact that contain one or both of the two denied letters)

Do you happen to have the letter "Z" set for someone? If yes for the letter "Z," check and see if you can remove that letter first.
    See, that right there? That's why I love this site...I just spent the past 15 minutes trying to reassign a number....came here, got my fix and now my Pre is squared away!....Thank you!
    "I'll give you my Pre when you take it from my cold, dead hands!"
    Good catch Achill3s, they need to post this on the front page of precentral.net so everyone can see this.
    i have Z set as a speed dial, and don't have any issues.... all my speed dials still work fine after upgrading to 1.4. I have never had B as a speed dial though....
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    i have Z set as a speed dial, and don't have any issues.... all my speed dials still work fine after upgrading to 1.4. I have never had B as a speed dial though....
    Just noticed though after thinking about it, I can't change or add any new speed dials.

So I went in and removed Z, and everything works. Sorry, guess I was just confused. Awesome find, and yes I agree this needs to be posted on the main page or something here at precentral....
    I had to remove both my 'Z' & "B" (previously assigned) speed dials to be able to add another one, otherwise my screen is blank. Interesting that they do not offer 'B' & 'Z' as a choice in 1.4 - something to do with the those keys also being the * and # key maybe?
  13.    #13  
    That's what I was thinking but they allow the letter "A" and it has the "&" symbol as its alt key but then again, you don't need to use alt key to execute a speed dial? Glad it is helping those that had this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledsoxfan View Post
    I had the same problem with the letter B assigned to a friend - it worked but did not show up. I fixed the problem by erasing the number that was assigned to it - I erased the speed dial with it and everything worked after that.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I could not figure what was going on! Deleted the contact with "B" and I'm good to go. Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I was so excited ehrn I saw this thread! I erased my B contact, but it still doesn't work. I don't have a z. Any other suggestions?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    I was so excited ehrn I saw this thread! I erased my B contact, but it still doesn't work. I don't have a z. Any other suggestions?
    Did you have the "Z" assigned to anyone in 1.3.5.1?

Now that you've removed the "B" speed dial, does it give you the option to assign "B" to anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post

reissc, I had the exact same problem as you. My B speed dial was set to a friend, but I did not have the Z speed dial set either. I deleted my B speed dial but it failed to fix the problem.

So I decided to delete another speed dial. I figured that since it wouldn't let us set the B speed dial which is the # symbol I deleted my 0(@) contact, after that I restarted my Pre and badabing badaboom it work!. If this doesn't work I don't know what would.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Spddemon; 03/08/2010 at 02:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spddemon View Post
    reissc, I had the exact same problem as you. My B speed dial was set to a friend, but I did not have the Z speed dial set either. I deleted my B speed dial but it failed to fix the problem.

So I decided to delete another speed dial. I figured that since it wouldn't let us set the B speed dial which is the # symbol I deleted my 0(@) contact, after that I restarted my Pre and badabing badaboom it work!. If this doesn't work I don't know what would.

I hope this helps!
    That was it! I erased 0, restarted, and back to normal. So it looks like it is Z, B, and 0. Thanks!
  20.    #20  
    Good catch. I didn't realize "0" could be assigned in 1.3.5.1.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast