Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achill3's:
    Great catch! Thanks for taking the time to share by posting this. You saved me 1/2 hour on the phone w/Palm Support (I should have them on speed dial!).
    At first I couldn't get it to work by deleting "Z" from my speed dials...then I remember that I had "B" in my speed dial as well before updating...so all's good.
    What's weird about this is that I just updated to 1.4 today (3/8/10) and it's still not fixed. It's got to be a very easy fix: rewrite the code to delete previously set "Z" and "B" speed dials from 1.3xxx before updating.
    Also, I wonder why Verizon didn't update this phone before giving it to me. I bought it last week!
    Anyway, thanks again for the post.
    "Thanked"
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jptl View Post
    Achill3's:
    Great catch! Thanks for taking the time to share by posting this. You saved me 1/2 hour on the phone w/Palm Support (I should have them on speed dial!).
    At first I couldn't get it to work by deleting "Z" from my speed dials...then I remember that I had "B" in my speed dial as well before updating...so all's good.
    What's weird about this is that I just updated to 1.4 today (3/8/10) and it's still not fixed. It's got to be a very easy fix: rewrite the code to delete previously set "Z" and "B" speed dials from 1.3xxx before updating.
    Also, I wonder why Verizon didn't update this phone before giving it to me. I bought it last week!
    Anyway, thanks again for the post.
    "Thanked"
    I'm not sure if the issue was known prior to 1.4. I remember seeing some problems with speed dials in 1.3.5.1 with other users (myself excluded so I couldn't test for it).

I believe one of the Palm reps who frequents the forums is now aware of the issue and hopefully it will be addressed in a future update.

Glad it helped.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Great Catch! The funny thing is, I was trying to change my Z contact and then I couldn't set any other one. Just wonder why this change now?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Thank you! I had the B button set as a speed dial. I simply deleted that number for the contact, then added it again to that same contact. Then it let me set speed dial numbers again.
    Thanks to everyone at Precentral...Palm should have fixed this.
    this is ridiculous! thanks SO Much for sharing jeez, how silly! guess the BF can't be B anymore..that was sorta dumb anyways!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    this was a lifesaver. This site is so awesome and the developers that work on it too! I try to donate whenever I can, but it's just a small dent in the value you guys and gals provide. Thanks!
    Thanks!

Good to know for sure, but annoying on so many different levels. I seriously want to know why. Is this a telephony thing? A programmatic/API thing? A hardware interrupt thing? Just because we say so thing? A reserved awesome future functionality goes right there thing?? Yeah right.

I want to know why, and if I get those buttons back!!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Thanks to everyone for solving this very annoying problem on our phones, couldn't figure out why one still worked after the update and the other didn't, but one had no contacts on those characters.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Thanks for this thread. I went in to assign a ring tone to my BIL and noticed I had assigned B to his wife's cell number. I deleted it and when I went to try and assign it to his, B wasn't available. Couldn't figure out why so I searched on Pre Central and found this thread. Now I know.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12