Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86
  1.    #1  
    For me, I would but only if they fix two BIG issues:

    1. FIX THE HARDWARE!! Their devices need to do better than 40-50% reliability (see Hardware poll in forums by caj2008)

    2. Increase the battery life - what good is a 4G phone if it lasts 2 hours?
  2. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #2  
    i will buy.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    For me, I would but only if they fix two BIG issues:

    1. FIX THE HARDWARE!! Their devices need to do better than 40-50% reliability (see Hardware poll in forums by caj2008)

    2. Increase the battery life - what good is a 4G phone if it lasts 2 hours?

    I'll guarantee improvements in both fields since those are the biggest *****es with the Pre.


    I'll buy if 4g isn't in my area knowing that it will be.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'll guarantee improvements in both fields since those are the biggest *****es with the Pre.


    I'll buy if 4g isn't in my area knowing that it will be.
    What makes you think they'll improve either of those issues? They haven't improved with the second or third batch of Pres and even the Pre Pluses, while slightly better, have still had similar issues in hardware. They're NOT listening/fixing. too bad.
  5. #5  
    If they improve Battery life and Perhaps another carrier besides BELL takes it on.

    F the CRTC - why can't we have some real competition here... I want to pay CHEAP phone bills ... $100 + monthly drains the pocketbook QUICK
  6. #6  
    Depends on what HTC offers.

    But as soon as a 4G handset is available, I'll grab one, just because I actually like being an early adopter.
  7. #7  
    i WILL BUY!!!
  8. #8  
    I'll buy when my contract is up. No sense in buying a new phone when I like the one I have. Now thats not to say I dont want it. I'm just too cheap to get one so soon.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'll guarantee improvements in both fields since those are the biggest *****es with the Pre.


    I'll buy if 4g isn't in my area knowing that it will be.
    i'm leaning in this direction.

    hell, if the hardware is as good as the pre i have now (i'm one of the "lucky ones" lol), i'll buy.
  10. #10  
    Is it going to cost me more per month? If not then sure, why wouldn't I.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #11  
    I actually use Clear 4g at my apt in Atlanta, and I'd only really want it if I could have both my clear modem and my phone on the same bill, either sprint or clear.
  12. #12  
    just come out with a new phone. idc what it is. and screw android and iphone software. webOS and future WM7 .
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    If they improve Battery life and Perhaps another carrier besides BELL takes it on.

    F the CRTC - why can't we have some real competition here... I want to pay CHEAP phone bills ... $100 + monthly drains the pocketbook QUICK
    Your going to love this news then:

    Canadian government set to open wireless industry to foreign investment Boy Genius Report
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    What makes you think they'll improve either of those issues? They haven't improved with the second or third batch of Pres and even the Pre Pluses, while slightly better, have still had similar issues in hardware. They're NOT listening/fixing. too bad.
    When were those produced? That's the question. Are Palm Pre Pluses the same exact device except the extra memory?

    They will improve both, I promise you. They have to. It's absolute do or die time for Palm.

    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    If they improve Battery life and Perhaps another carrier besides BELL takes it on.

    F the CRTC - why can't we have some real competition here... I want to pay CHEAP phone bills ... $100 + monthly drains the pocketbook QUICK
    See, that's part of the issue too.

    The Palm Pre, Pixi and even the Plus versions of each were CHEAP comparative to other handsets.


    You get what you pay for.
    I know Americans don't understand that sentence, but it's the truth.
  15. #15  
    I will buy it if it is backwards compatible with 3G i.e the plan automatically includes 3G.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I will buy it if it is backwards compatible with 3G i.e the plan automatically includes 3G.
    Of course it will be, just like 3g is backward with 2g.
  17. #17  
    Count me in.
  18. #18  
    Will Sprint 4G (WiMAX?) allow voice and data at the same time?
  19. #19  
    Right now? No. I generally don't buy new tech until its been out awhile, with some exceptions once in awhile. In a year, when I get an upgrade discount? Maybe. I take hardware polls with a grain of salt, we have a small percentage of the total phones sold, larger, more populated public polls that hit a much larger cross section put the Pre failure rate at 11% or a touch more, right around the iPhone's 7% return rate. Remember, this forum is specific to the Pre, we're going to get a whole heck of a lot more unsatisfied customers looking for a fix than Reuters would. If my Pre is holding up fine, and a new 4G capable model isn't a significant change, probably not, I'll hold off for another six months or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Will Sprint 4G (WiMAX?) allow voice and data at the same time?
    Depends on the carrier. EVDO Rev A does (despite what some folks tell you), it's just not turned on in most areas. It appears to be here, but I am in a low-population area. Sprint told me it was for my region, I have no reason to think they lied to me. That'd be a question for your carrier.
  20. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #20  
    +1
    Faster data and and use of more towers is huge plus for me. I'd like to see a plan from Sprint matching the $30 unlimited data for mobile devices from AT&T WITH 4G.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions