Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Wimax gets about 6gb/s, LTE will get 10gb/s, last I heard. Both support faster speeds, like EVDO does.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Depends on lot of things. How much of an improvement is it over my pre? The quality of material use in construction has to better and top notch. If it's the same, I'll keep my pre. WebOS performance has to be vastly improve. No incremental improvement as we've seen in updates so far. The device performance will have to be on par or better than what the best the competition has to offer (Nexus one and iPhone).

If it meets all those things and on sprint, I'll get one.

I'll say this, I have put up with a lot of ***** with my pre, there's no way I'm gonna do the same with the next palm device. So palm, don't rush a half finished product to the market. If you do, it'll be the nail in your own coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Depends on lot of things. How much of an improvement is it over my pre? The quality of material use in construction has to better and top notch. If it's the same, I'll keep my pre. WebOS performance has to be vastly improve. No incremental improvement as we've seen in updates so far. The device performance will have to be on par or better than what the best the competition has to offer (Nexus one and iPhone).

If it meets all those things and on sprint, I'll get one.

I'll say this, I have put up with a lot of ***** with my pre, there's no way I'm gonna do the same with the next palm device. So palm, don't rush a half finished product to the market. If you do, it'll be the nail in your own coffin.
    I agree. While I have been generally pleased with the Pre there have been some problems that scream of underfunding/rushed production, and I understand that was a necessity.

I hope that for their '2nd launch' they have the finances to take their time and make it a flawless (or as close to possible) device. I think their R&D and brainpower is there, it's just a matter of getting the materials to match the ideas.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Yes
    will 4g allow simultaneous talk and data?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Wimax gets about 6gb/s, LTE will get 10gb/s, last I heard. Both support faster speeds, like EVDO does.
    Those numbers are all guesses. I've been on DSL where it was 3 mbps and I actually got better speeds than on a cable modem that claimed 10 mbps.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345