Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Love new technology.. Will buy
    Most definitely upgrade to the next new platform, love webOS!!!
    Id buy it if it had the specs and look of HTC supersonic. No point in fast connection if the phone isnt fast. I see no big speed difference in this phone when its on wifi so it wouldnt make a big difference if the pre was 4g
    I'm in.
    Anyone else with me with wanting a new WebOs phone with NO hardware keyboard?

I actually like virtual keyboards, considering I have now spent 2 years with one and have adjusted to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post

I actually like virtual keyboards, considering I have now spent 2 years with one and have adjusted to them.
    I'd like them to offer both. Keeps the Marketshare possibility higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'd like them to offer both. Keeps the Marketshare possibility higher.
    This. Options are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post

Highly unlikely. Palm is probably best known for their keyboard, the likelyhood of them ditching it completely is slim. Maybe on a purely consumer feature phone, but again.......not really Palm's thing. They're having enough of a hard time pushing the slider formfactor.
    I have clear wimax in Vegas and only a few spots in my house get really good reception. My friend's mobile device wouldn't work at all. Vegas is a "4G" market and true 4g speeds are hit and miss. The phone is a great idea, but I'm not sure the technology is fully there to support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by babecka View Post
    I have clear wimax in Vegas and only a few spots in my house get really good reception. My friend's mobile device wouldn't work at all. Vegas is a "4G" market and true 4g speeds are hit and miss. The phone is a great idea, but I'm not sure the technology is fully there to support it.
    Of course but... it's still in development.

They're still setting up the network. It's not like by the time the 4g phone is released it's going to be like that. lol
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    As it likely will be in my area should such an unlikely thing occur . . . I'd likely get it as well as the fart app which is no doubt the first app to appear in 4g unless the tip calculator syndicate gets out first :P
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    palm finally has 1.4 out which should have been their 1.0 version out the gate

I have no confidence in them being able to release an all slate device with a virtual keypad that is 1. totally responsive and 2. not completely buggy outside of many many many software updates. And if you have a slate and a virtual keyboard is your bread and butter, do you really want to wait until WebOS 3.0 until you can use the thing w/o wanting to throw it into a wall?
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Will Sprint 4G (WiMAX?) allow voice and data at the same time?
    4G will be an additional radio, so voice will still go over 1x like it does now. This will allow voice and data at the same time.

I would def jump on this since I am up for an upgrade in June and the Bay Area should have WiMax this year.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Still debating on the whole Android versus WebOS thing right now. At this point it is coming down to the fact that Android has more corporate development than the Pre. I like the gestures involved with the Pre, and if apps were equal, WebOS 4G phone in heartbeat.
    there was a huge speed jump between 1x and 3g. Night and day just for checking email. Powervision was originally more expensive than regular vision and the geek crowd that made use of winCE and PalmOS saw the value in it. I don't see huge delays and wait times for the surfing that I do on my phone so why would I want to pay more money than I have to? Add to that I already have a 4g usb card. Okay, if I can use the phone as a hotspot, but that's also going to increase the battery drain, and I lose separation of church and state between my wireless setup and my phone. If I head to a shore or ski house and setup wifi for everyone in the house, well it's only good as long as my phone is there.

What's so difficult to understand? Why pay extra for something if you won't realize the value of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I don't understand that.

I could see the same thing being said about 3g too.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Of course i would buy it!
    4G + Webos + Flash = ultimate pron, i mean hulu phone
    YES!
    Know it is coming to our market someday. I would purchase it anyway. I always have to have the best/newest thing. WebOS - go baby.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Honestly, I can't even get Edge in my area, let alone 3G. So no, I wouldn't buy my next phone based on its 4G capability.
    for Stihl and Golpher.... I doubt Palm would make a slate keyboardless phone in the first place unless they introduce two phones in which I'd eliminate the slider and create the slate and qwerty slate. The fact that all Android phones are bricks is one of the reasons I left Android. I don't want to carry around a brick if I don't have to. I'm sure there's others in that boat too.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I wouldn't buy it if the only new feature was 4g. I need them (Palm) to significantly increase memory (32gb?). I'd really like to see a mem slot. I want to be able to have control over ALL of my contacts on the phone. I can't tell you how annoyed I am with the Facebook contacts issue. I'm ok with the current screen size. However, it would certainly sweeten the pot if it was made a bit larger. I still want to be able to carry it comfortably in my pocket. And last, but certainly not least, battery life must be improved.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast