Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Call me weak, but absolutely I will. I'm a smartphone early adopter, and a Palm superfan.

Unless the hardware is unpalatable in some way (I really hope they don't go landscape-slider), I will definitely buy the "Pre 2" when it launches. Even though WiMAX is launching in my market this year, it's less about 4G and more about the probable improvements in build quality and feature set. 3G is fast enough for me, for the purposes I use my Pre for. 4G isn't as big an incentive as the other factors.
    I'm moving to Portland next month. I would most certainly buy a WebOS 4G phone.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I would run to the sprint store this minute for a snapdragon, 4g, lots of ram, pre.
    Yes
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Count me in...love my PRE, but I am ready for a new hardware. But as of this moment, I am sticking with WebOs, so whatever is their next big phone Im getting.

A Wimax 4G phone from Palm will be awesome, Sprint needs to get Palm to get the ball moving on this, especially for when Wimax gets a national roll out.

Wimax will cure the problem of Voice & Data at the sametime....although like another poster said, Rev A can do it, it just isnt turned on Nationally. But with Wimax, Sprint could put a slap to AT&T and Verizon, especially with cheaper prices, and free mobile to mobile(I wonder how many people have forgotten they even have that??)

Sprint + Wimax + New Palm Hardware for 4G & maybe WebOs 1.5 or 2.0 = Another great life saver for Sprint and Palm.
    As long as it's a WEBOS device I'll buy.
    already have a 4g card. do I really need it in a phone? And it would suck if the phone costs more because it's 4g even if you don't want to pay to take advantage of 4g on a monthly basis.

Also, the 4g/3g broadband plan is the same price as the 3g only plan on sprint. It was a promo that seemed to settle into a standard price.

But on a phone, I really don't see the real world desire unless I'm doing a lot of file access from my NAS or plan to do a lot of streaming.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Yes, If I had 4g by me and a 4g Webos phone came out, I would get it the next day. I have heard the speeds are that of wi-fi. When I download or do anything over wifi my speeds are crazy fast. I would love to have that on the phone all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    But on a phone, I really don't see the real world desire
    I don't understand that.

I could see the same thing being said about 3g too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    What makes you think they'll improve either of those issues? They haven't improved with the second or third batch of Pres and even the Pre Pluses, while slightly better, have still had similar issues in hardware. They're NOT listening/fixing. too bad.
    maybe the form factor on the Pre makes it hard to improve, while the Pixi is a difinate improvement on both the battery and Hardware.
    We live in a generation where more speed is the demand.

4G is the new demand.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I would buy if they do not increase monthly charge, which is unlikely.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    If it's a 4G Snapdragon (or comparable) phone with WebOS and well thought out industrial design I'll buy it on release day.
    Count me in!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    For me, I would but only if they fix two BIG issues:

1. FIX THE HARDWARE!! Their devices need to do better than 40-50% reliability (see Hardware poll in forums by caj2008)

2. Increase the battery life - what good is a 4G phone if it lasts 2 hours?
    ditto
    For me a 4G handset would only be worthwhile if it comes with tethering on 4G without (much) additional cost.

4G speeds for actual mobile browsing are mostly unnecessary. ha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    For me, I would but only if they fix two BIG issues:

1. FIX THE HARDWARE!! Their devices need to do better than 40-50% reliability (see Hardware poll in forums by caj2008)

2. Increase the battery life - what good is a 4G phone if it lasts 2 hours?
    If it had better hardware (800MHz CPU for instance and your point #1) I'd get it regardless of 4G in my area. I live in a larger city so 4G will eventually make it out to me. Simply by owning a 4G capable phone I would be encouraging Sprint to add it to my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    For me a 4G handset would only be worthwhile if it comes with tethering on 4G without (much) additional cost.

4G speeds for actual mobile browsing are mostly unnecessary. ha
    I like the idea of that feature but dude...again.. that last part just DOESN'T make sense to me.

How could you not want a faster experience?

The demand is always for bigger, better, faster. Why are there the select few that don't think 4g will be successful?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Sure, I'll buy, but only because I'm due for an upgrade anyway and it's probably going to be the next handset offered.

I've rarely used the pre and thought 'man, if only the internet were tons faster.' I HAVE used the pre and though 'man, if only the OS were faster.'

I understand the draw of 4g and the appeal of faster interwebs longterm, but short term I do not see the draw of 4g on it's own.
    If Boston is one of the cities, I'd buy, too, but a bump in hardware specs would also be required.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast