Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's a new barcode scanning app in the beta feed. Now, I thought this sort of thing is impossible...

It's $9.99. Anybody with some free cash want to give this a try?

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Cool. I have a buddy with an iphone showing me an app like this. Just to annoy, I told him that PalmOS was used for barcode scanning for years. Glad to see it on WebOS!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm very curious if there was a change in 1.4.0 to allow some sort of post-proccessing on images to allow a barcode scanner to work.

Unfortunately, I'm not 10 bucks worth of curious. haha
    Last edited by Spader; 03/05/2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Doh!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm 10 bucks worth of curious. haha
    Did you mean to write you ARE 10 bucks worth of curious, or you're not. Because hopefully someone will be soon. I'd love to see if this works, but I've bought too many apps lately and my wife will kill me if I buy another.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    With out auto focus on for the camera. it is $10 to much
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    With out auto focus on for the camera. it is $10 to much
    If you mean, the app simply won't work, then I'd agree that $10 is too much.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the scanning is done server-side like the QR code reader currently in the catalog. I want an app that can poll the camera feed for the barcode.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    A paid beta app?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    A paid beta app?
    Ya a bit strange. I don't see how it could work with the fixed focus camera and no image processing. It would be extremely had to capture a usable image. wouldn't it?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Did you mean to write you ARE 10 bucks worth of curious, or you're not. Because hopefully someone will be soon. I'd love to see if this works, but I've bought too many apps lately and my wife will kill me if I buy another.
    Meant to say "not". hahaha

Original post edited.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    The individuals who produced the app for the iPhone figured out a nice algorithm which is very accurate with very blurry pictures, it is only black and white lines after-all.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The individuals who produced the app for the iPhone figured out a nice algorithm which is very accurate with very blurry pictures, it is only black and white lines after-all.
    True...I wonder if running those algorithms is possible with current development tools or if Palms PDK is required?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    holding out for great reviews or a sale
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I, personally, don't think ANY barcode scanning app will work with a fixed focus camera whose focus is set for 2ft to infinity.
    hopefully....the developer will post a demo video!!! Esp. Askin 10 bucks...lol we need a video demo. That's da whole point of that feature bein added in the app catalog
    Hmm, seeing that this app is created by Doin, I do not have very high hopes. Hopefully they prove me wrong though!
    Il just use my droid and google goggles for it. I dont really care for this feature much anyways. Not worth 10 bucks, thats for sure.
    I just bought the app, and i took a pic like it said and it gave me an error, so right now the app doesnt work
    Hmm charging for a beta which doesn't work? As an aside will it ever be possible to implement a digital macro or zoom mode for the camera?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by raineym521 View Post
    I just bought the app, and i took a pic like it said and it gave me an error, so right now the app doesnt work
    how many attempts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast