Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been able to get some QR codes read by the free QR code reader in app catalog but it took a bunch of tries. Like I said, unless the app can poll the camera feed for the code instead of taking pictures of the code to try and get it scanned by some server it's not really worth anything.
    first, there should never be a charge for beta apps. i'm not sure how this is allowed, but when i submit apps to beta there's no (nor should there be) charge for them.

this is clearly a rip-off attempt by doinapps. they probably faltered on so many worthless apps that they are trying to get a few bucks to go on a spending spree in their brazilian motherland. i didn't get screwed, but i know a lot of unhappy people did. i'm personally emailing my handler about this app to get it pulled, and hopefully refund the purchasers with the money that would have otherwise gone to the developers.

doinapps needs to do something else.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    So I bought the barcode scanning app and it doesn't work whatsoever. With the pre's inability to auto focus it is impossible to take a readable picture of a barcode as is. Also every time you hit the "send picture" button in the app, it attempts to send the picture for a good minute or two then it displays a "frame format error."

I emailed the developer saying I wanted a refund, they replied saying:

"hello, as you can se the app is still in beta.
    we.re improving it.
    can you please adress what happened?
    thanks a lot" (actual quote).

So I explained the issues and he replied

"that's why it is still in beta
    we're trying to take better pictures
    but can you say if the app did take the pictue
    and send for reading?"

In conclusion, I don't think the developer even tested the app before releasing it. They never refunded my money. The app does absolutely NOTHING.
    People like that should not be permitted to advertise an App for doing something it can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    People like that should not be permitted to advertise an App for doing something it can't.
    I know it is ridiculous! If it was 2 bucks I wouldn't be so mad, but I wasted 10 bucks for nothing!!!
    Even though it doesnt work, I got it for free. I saw it using the AppScoop app. When I selected it, the Barcode Scanner download card opened up. At the bottom it said download for free. So I did. That was four days ago. Still no charge on my credit card. So I guess I'm good to go.
    $10 is a rip even if it does work.
  8.    #28  
    I think it's a choice, really: we have an open system like Palm is creating, or we have a closed system like Apple has created. If it's an open system with a great deal of leeway for developers, then we'll likely run into these situations. Personally, I'd take this over Apple's system any day.

You all do know that you can dispute the charge with your credit card company, right? I'd say an app that simply doesn't work (as opposed to one you just don't like, of course) would be legitimate grounds for dispute.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    *waits for Best Bar Code Quotes by Brighthouse Labs*

On a serious note. I wanna see a demo of this before I spend 10 skins on a post response. It would be something I'd be interesting in purchasing if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    first, there should never be a charge for beta apps. i'm not sure how this is allowed, but when i submit apps to beta there's no (nor should there be) charge for them.

this is clearly a rip-off attempt by doinapps. they probably faltered on so many worthless apps that they are trying to get a few bucks to go on a spending spree in their brazilian motherland. i didn't get screwed, but i know a lot of unhappy people did. i'm personally emailing my handler about this app to get it pulled, and hopefully refund the purchasers with the money that would have otherwise gone to the developers.

doinapps needs to do something else.
    +1

Thank you

I thought the exact thing myself
    I'm speaking for Doin Apps

I wanted to assure you that we're not trying to make any sort of scam
    barcode app was released under beta to provide us feedback from the community
    it was priced 10 dollars due to a bug in palm's system and the app already been
    removed. We'll be improving all of our apps and fixing all the bugs in the course of this month
    and I agree, the refund should be provided and I will talk to palm to fix this issue
    hope you all understand
    thanks
    You all realize there's a free barcode app that doesn't work too? If you're looking for a barcode scanning program that doesn't work, I must recommend the cost-saving option scancode: http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...talog/scancode
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    One thing i dont understand is why did palm decide to go with a fixed focus camera instead of auto focus? seems almost EVERY other phone has auto focus.....my only guess is that they wanted to cut back on time making their OS.....auto focus would just be another thing theyd have to code and would prolly have bugs....any thoughts?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12