Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    im not turning off the data connection on a smartphone.

might as well buy a dumbphone and save some monthly monies.
    err, I think you might have missed the point, let the Wifi do the data ...
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    err, I think you might have missed the point, let the Wifi do the data ...
    no, i didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

I now turn off my data connection when I go out after work (since I don't need it) and my phone lasts way longer. FYI texts will still come though since it uses the cellular radio.
    True but you'd be amazed how much longer it will run with the data connection off. Plus most use (and importance) of a phone is for calls and texting. You can always turn your data connection on to check email or something and turn it off again thereby minimizing the impact of this practice.
    im not flip flopping data on and off every time i leave the house or only when i need data. why cripple the functionality of a SMARTphone while you are away from a computer?
    My battery has always been fine on my Pre, and then last night, when I want to bed it had 45% charge left, I had nothing open, push is off for email, nothing signed in, I have no patches. This morning, completely dead! What the .....????
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    My battery has always been fine on my Pre, and then last night, when I want to bed it had 45% charge left, I had nothing open, push is off for email, nothing signed in, I have no patches. This morning, completely dead! What the .....????
    Have you tried a restart? I've been one of those lucky ones with great battery performance while using patches, Preware, etc but the other day my Pre started draining at over 8%/hour with nothing going on. I restarted and it was fine again - some rogue process was going on in the background is my guess.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    Have you tried a restart? I've been one of those lucky ones with great battery performance while using patches, Preware, etc but the other day my Pre started draining at over 8%/hour with nothing going on. I restarted and it was fine again - some rogue process was going on in the background is my guess.

Dave
    I restart it every other day or so - I'll try it now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I notice that the battery gets really hot when using it - could the heat kill the lifespan of the battery?
    thanks for this all the people saying it has been said before well i didnt spot it nice one!!
    UK PRE USER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12