Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Can someone let me know if I can update my phone to 1.4 without connecting to the bell network?

I'm in Trinidad right now and it would be awesome to record some vids on my pre...

Let me know.....

Thanks precentral....
    If you can find a wifi connection, yes.
    You can download webos doctor at the following link - but you will still need a connection of some sort

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwbellmo.jar
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    If you can find a wifi connection, yes.
    So when I get a wifi connection it will download and won't be a roaming charge?

If I leave it in air plane mode it should update?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just run this file on my laptop and have my phone plugged in?

I just want the video recording to work

Thanks for the reply!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    If you Doctor you would have to relogin to your profile which would require network access. You should be able to update from airplane mode with Wifi
    I'm on Sprint, but in December/January I was out of the country when two WebOS updates came out and I had no issues downloading them both via WiFi (as well as accessing and buying/downloading apps from the App Catalog via WiFi - and actually the second update I got an alert to from the Updater app since I wasn't expecting it and hadn't seen Palm's Facebook post about it yet at that time).

(I brought a travel-sized WiFi router for my hotel room to plug into the free wired access that came with the room in order to use my Pre, since I didn't have my laptop with me.)