1.    #1  
    My phone seems to be randomly shutting down. The only solution I've found is to remove the battery and power it up.

First off, I don't believe this is a slider issue. I actually took my Pre to the Sprint store a few months back and had them give me a replacement battery which seemed to solve the problem. I then ghetto rigged my battery by placing some heavy tape at the end of it so it pushes harder into the contacts. Also, this has happened when the slider was closed so I'm not sure.

My phone is homebrewed and I'm wondering if it has something to do with that. I can't remember if this is an issue I've experienced before or after the 1.4 update. I've had some of the other 1.4 problems ( Pre launder freezes for 10-20 seconds. I can interact with the screen in the sense that I can see the "ripples" that happen after you touch the screen )

Anyone else have this issue? hardware? software? not entirely sure.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre for about 3 weeks and this has happened to me 2x. I took it to the Sprint store as there is a battery issue but they said I had the "good" battery. I haven't figured out what's causing it. We have another Pre and it hasn't happened once to that one...strange!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deek05 View Post
    I've had my Pre for about 3 weeks and this has happened to me 2x. I took it to the Sprint store as there is a battery issue but they said I had the "good" battery. I haven't figured out what's causing it. We have another Pre and it hasn't happened once to that one...strange!!!
    It's possible that it's not a battery issue, my friend has a Pixi (never had this issue before) and after 1.4 randomly shuts down. I of course put on Preware and patches so not sure if something went wrong there but just letting you know that it could be something else.
    I'm having the same issue. Check this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rebooting.html

In summary, it's a bug in Palms proprietary code at Lunasysmgr. Palm is currently working on this..........hopefully they will have an update soon.
    Yeah sometimes it crashes and has to restart. It's like explorer.exe not responding.
  6.    #6  
    sweet. thanks for the info everyone! I searched around the forums trying to figure out what's going on. thanks for the link!