1.    #1  
    Im not trying to compare the pre to iphone or droid. But I looked at both phones and I know they started there app catalong years ago but they have so many free apps. Not lite versions just full free apps. We need more Free apps on the pre.
    Live the Pre life.
    ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    Im not trying to compare the pre to iphone or droid. But I looked at both phones and I know they started there app catalong years ago but they have so many free apps. Not lite versions just full free apps. We need more Free apps on the pre.
    So, start developing some.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    ok.
    lol
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    i disagree. We need more paid apps.

When Dev houses see $$$ they invest more work hours = more apps with cooler features.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    ok.
    hahaha your on this site all the time! How is it living a life on the forums?
    Live the Pre life.
    hahaha your on this site all the time! How is it living a life on the forums?
    Think it's more of a bored at work sort of thing than living on the forums sort of thing.
    What app catalog are you looking at? There are a ton of free apps. Plus the $ per avarage app for WebOs is signifigantly lower than android and iPhones app catalogs. Not that we are trying to compare.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    What is the motivation to invest time in developing a free App and then get insulted by bad reviews in the App a catalog?
    I've noticed that a lot of people who review Apps in the catalog are rather harsh. Instead of providing useful information, they complain about "failed downloads". Instead of emailing the developer directly about an issues, the leave behind 0 stars. I'm just saying... where is the motivation?
    yep bored at work thing , that's what I am!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Most apps are a buck.

A BUCK.

Think about it.

A dollar.

Right?

C'mon.

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    RadioTime is free

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Think it's more of a bored at work sort of thing than living on the forums sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yep bored at work thing , that's what I am!
    That's because we're both at the top of our game. That's gives us extra time to input extremely humorous and/or helpful responses.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I've only bought the 3D game apps so far and I seem to get by on the current free apps.

What the OP is probably seeing in comparisons are the free apps (iPhone/Android) that were developed long after the paid apps were developed. Since I work full time+1 if I said to myself "I can do this better and for free!" it would take me a much longer time actually executing that prerogative than an app house that has paid developers. Using this logic, I would say the free apps will trickle in as the second job developers find the time to actually develop apps.

Bottom line, give it time and they'll start trickling in.
    I'm still waiting for all the free food, myself. I mean, seriously: why should I have to pay for food? Especially when so much of it is so bad. Has anyone tasted processed mac n' cheese lately? Blech! And, it's like $1.50 a box!!!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Id like so free food too, honestly.
    I'm still waiting for the Free App that teaches my Pre to cook breakfast.....Pancakes Anyone?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Free App that teaches my Pre to cook breakfast.....Pancakes Anyone?
    Somebody would complain about a lack of sticky in the syrup.

What's more important, a paid app that stays around and gets updates (hence the PalmOS emulator people are paying $40 for) or a free app that winds up useless after an OS patch, and no developer support to make it work again?
    What I'm really looking to see is when we get some corporate developed apps. Where is the Chipotle ordering app that there is for the iPhone or the Bank of America app? Ok, so those two examples wouldn't be used that many times, but that is what WebOS is really lacking at this point.