1.    #1  
    Has the 1.4 upgrade for the Pre/Pixe given any ability to customize alert ringtones for indiviuals, or for text messages. I've not been able to gleam that information from any of the other posts in this section of the forum or any others. It would be nice to know if there is an app that allows this if it isn't available in the native OS.

Thanks

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Hi,

The 1.4 update allows you to:

• Choose a custom notification for SMS and MMS Messages: Open the Messaging App, hit MENU -> PREFERENCES & ACCOUNTS -> Change options as necessary.
    • Choose a custom notification for each individual email account: Open the Email App, hit MENU -> PREFERENCES & ACCOUNTS -> Select an account -> Change options as necessary.

The update does not allow you to choose custom alerts for specific individuals. However there is a patch available via Preware called SMS Tone Per Contact which allows you to customize notifications for individuals.

Hope this helps
    SqyArc
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can install a patch from WebOSQI or from Preware that will give you this ability.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if you could assign individual tones for each user within their contact information, the way you can on the BB phones. Does 1.4 allow you assign tones that you import or do you have to the ones that are already on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hi,

The 1.4 update allows you to:

• Choose a custom notification for SMS and MMS Messages: Open the Messaging App, hit MENU -> PREFERENCES & ACCOUNTS -> Change options as necessary.
    • Choose a custom notification for each individual email account: Open the Email App, hit MENU -> PREFERENCES & ACCOUNTS -> Select an account -> Change options as necessary.

The update does not allow you to choose custom alerts for specific individuals. However there is a patch available via Preware called SMS Tone Per Contact which allows you to customize notifications for individuals.

Hope this helps
    SqyArc
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Does 1.4 allow you assign tones that you import or do you have to the ones that are already on the phone?
    You can use any custom tone that you've downloaded or copied - you're not restricted to the stock tones