1.    #1  
    Does anyone else think that Palm should move the microphone to the keyboard part of the Pre? If I put the Pre between my shoulder and my cheek, no one can hear me. Maybe a dual mic?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    ...and if you use the phone with the keyboard closed what then?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I prefer using my hands free earbuds over a shoulder crutch. You should look into that.
    No, how about a bluetooth headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    no, how about a bluetooth headset?
    +1 ftw.

I can't remember the last time I actually held my phone to my ear? Bluetooth ftw.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Meh.

I don't get enough calls to justify an earpiece. People who walk down the street wearing them or wear them on the metro or whatever just for the off-chance of maybe getting a call at some point that day just seem infinitely lame to me.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I think they should at least move it to the center -- if they are getting rid of the button on new models..

Ive had the same problem.. If I am in my office and I need to put the phone on my shoulder to type something, my cheek covers the mic. And nah, I'm not going to use a BT headset in my office for the infrequent amount of calls I make from the Pre during the day.
    There is also speakerphone mode.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ...and if you use the phone with the keyboard closed what then?
    I didnt say put it in the keyboard. Maybe a dual mic or on the bottom of the phone. All I'm saying is that the mic position now gets blocked a lot from my face and people sometime have a hard time understanding me.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Meh.

I don't get enough calls to justify an earpiece. People who walk down the street wearing them or wear them on the metro or whatever just for the off-chance of maybe getting a call at some point that day just seem infinitely lame to me.
    Pretty much sums up how I feel. I put my BT on in the car and then I take it off when I get out. Constantly sporting your BT Headset is kinda like saying look at me, I'm important enough to need instant access to my incoming calls. I can't be bothered to pick up my phone, I need my hands...for things.
    You might want to revamp how you hold the phone with yoru shoulder if you insist on donig it. For example, using your left shoulder would more than likely block the hole.

If you change it to your right shoulder then the microphone hole will be on the opposite corner and far more unlikely to be blocked. Also, You can tilt the phone facing out more. It might look weird but the microphone is very sensitive.

Sometimes it helps to look inward for the issues. Revamping the entire phones engineering because of your unskillful actions seems overboard to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    +1 ftw.

I can't remember the last time I actually held my phone to my ear? Bluetooth ftw.
    I guess that would also take care of the face grease problem someone posted about a few days ago.
    Revamping the entire phones engineering because of your unskillful actions seems overboard to me.
    Guess my wife and I are in this same boat - I hate the way it sounds when your face it smashed against it!
    The one thing I wish I's to have a hardware or software option to turn the microphone off, should anytthing wants to access my microfon without my consent. Yes I like my privacy. It is no secret all calls and text messages are screened and stored.
    lol awww

im sorry.

I don't hold the pre that way myself. It's too small =\
    Meh.

I have a pair of Plantronics 955's, stereo BT headset, I use when walking or rolling (depending on time of day and leg usefulness), nobody ever notices the little tube mic off one earpiece. I just look like all the joggers in town.

Seriously, is it really a problem where it is? I'm left handed, so the mic is actually on the exact wrong side of the phone for me, nobody has a problem hearing me at all.