1.    #1  
    Not something I can get for my pc but for my phone. I cant use youtube at work so I have to use it on my phone however the connection fails 80% of the time streaming the videos and it would be much easier to download these videos and play them back that way

Is there an app or something that allows me to download them straight from my phone to my phone?
    There is a patch available in Preware that allows you to do this.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    there's a patch in preware to download youtube vids, works very well and its very easy to use. In the 'More' box before playing the vid a 'Download' option shows up

i thinks it's called Video Downloads
    have you tried the patch that enables an option to dowload videos from our current youtube app? i've DLed a bunch of vids with that with no problem. combined with the unthrottle dowload patch, it all goes works out well.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i second the unthrottle download patch as well, makes a big difference
  6.    #6  
    Ok Ill check it out thanks folks
    I think I read somewhere that unthrottle is not needed for 1.4. In any case multimod patch allows you to save streams to the PRE however, i am not sure about you tube.
    Yes, get the patch! Works great, saves them as MP4 files.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    There's a patch for that! Preware-Patch-Youtube-Video Download.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that unthrottle is not needed for 1.4. In any case multimod patch allows you to save streams to the PRE however, i am not sure about you tube.
    you are correct, but I think the limit in the patch is still higher than the limit on our pre with 1.4
    a few users posted speed test results that showed higher thruput with the patch applied in 1.4
  11.    #11  
    OK where does it save the file so that I can watch it on my phone
  12.    #12  
    Now im getting a "start returned with an error code" when trying to download videos
    hmm that's odd this patch works fine for me. did you reboot the phone after you installed the patch?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    OK where does it save the file so that I can watch it on my phone
    right in your videos app. some that i've downloaded had jenky file names, and others the name was just like on youtube.
    Where are our "There's a Patch for that!" Commercials???
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    Now im getting a "start returned with an error code" when trying to download videos
    i received the same error msg last night while on a 1x roaming connection. Today with evdo I can download no issues. I'm not sure if the high speed connection made a difference or rebooting the phone (full reboot, not just the luna reboot)
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Where are our "There's a Patch for that!" Commercials???
    Doubt they would get "official" Palm approval
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)