Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I've search all threads and done the following:

I've powercycled "Orange + Sym + R (no go)
    Held the power button and clicked the ringer back and forth 3-4 times (no go)
    Pulled the battery out (even waited an hour) back in (no go)
    Tried to doctor (stuck on connect device to PC) can't click next
    Let it charge all night (like the Palm tech asked me to do) still no go

At this point it might be bricked and I don't use that term at all, might end up taking it to sprint.

**Any suggestions**
    You may just have to take it in. Sounds like you tried everything.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I have insurance through Best Buy should it matter? I guess if they determine if it needs to be replaced...
    Have you tried using the "up volume" trick to force it into USB mose to connect to the Doctor?

That's about the only thing I could suggest that isn't already on your list. If that doesn't help, it seems a waranty replacement may be in your future.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Have you tried using the "up volume" trick to force it into USB mose to connect to the Doctor?

That's about the only thing I could suggest that isn't already on your list. If that doesn't help, it seems a waranty replacement may be in your future.
    Ok what exactly is the process to doing that trick?

*EDIT: NVM googled it*
    Last edited by Leke; 03/05/2010 at 10:38 AM.
    With the battery out, plug the USB cord into the Pre (but not into the PC yet). Then press and hold the "volume up" button and plug the USB cord into the PC - do NOT release the volume key yet.

If this did what it should you should see a big question mark symbol on the Pre. Now you want to reinsert the battery, you should be still holding the volume key.If this works, the question mark should change to the big USB symbol. Now you can release the volume key.

Run the Dr. If you're looking for a FULL erase, run a Dr. file from 1.2.1 or earlier, if you want the possibility of recovering files that are on the /media/internal section then run a Dr file 1.3.5 or later.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Appreciate it, its doctoring now FINALLY....*crosses fingers*
    Awesome, let us know if that gets it up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I've search all threads and done the following:

I've powercycled "Orange + Sym + R (no go)
    Held the power button and clicked the ringer back and forth 3-4 times (no go)
    Pulled the battery out (even waited an hour) back in (no go)
    Tried to doctor (stuck on connect device to PC) can't click next
    Let it charge all night (like the Palm tech asked me to do) still no go

At this point it might be bricked and I don't use that term at all, might end up taking it to sprint.

**Any suggestions**
    This happened to me quite a few times under 1.3.5.1...it just sits at the Palm logo...no pulsing background.

It took several battery pulls waiting like 5 - 10 minutes each time until it would start to pulse and eventually boot. A Doctor solved the issue and could consistently reboot correctly thereafter....so Doctoring should resolve it.
    Good luck
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    i had the same issue the only thing that worked was the up volume trick i'm surprised the palm tech didn't tell you to do that
    just reboot it by pressing orange + sym + R . this happens to me all the time and a simple reboot makes it reload