View Poll Results: What is keeping you from buying apps?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Money makes the world go round and I have none for apps.

31 28.18%
  • That will take away from my beer fund.

10 9.09%
  • I need productivity apps. How else am I suppose to work on the go?

25 22.73%
  • I need music apps....

2 1.82%
  • I need more games (I know the NOVA fans are going to vote this one)

5 4.55%
  • The quality of Apps on the WebOS are not worth my money

36 32.73%
  • Palm Classic apps work find for me.

1 0.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After conducting another Poll on this thread and listening to the people on it, I am interested in learning more about what people really want for the Pre and why they are not buying apps. As a Pre owner and a first time developer for Pre (I have an app that I released on android before I switched to WebOS). I want to develop for Pre, feedback is welcomed
    Last edited by PIKCACHU20; 03/05/2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Lack of apps truly worth buying plus bad economy/no job ≠ buying apps.
    Being in Canada
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    No option (in most cases) to demo before buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    Being in Canada
    Has it been explained the reason why Canadians cannot buy apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Lack of apps truly worth buying plus bad economy/no job ≠ buying apps.
    I know what you mean. I'm currently unemployed, so I really don't buy too many apps. But luckily I beat out 100 or so people who replied to a job ad and I should be starting next week I should be buying more apps in no time lol
    Has it been explained the reason why Canadians cannot buy apps?
    Yep...same as the EU
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I haven't seen anything worth buying.
    Nicky
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yep...same as the EU
    Which is?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yep...same as the EU
    The only lucky thing about EU is that you guys have a confirmed date for paid apps coming. Should be this month. Wish Palm would pressure Bell to get there act together and release paid Apps here.
    No paid apps in Canada. Should have been a poll choice.
    There are two things I'm interested in buying right now, and that is an improved PIM suite (calendar, contacts, tasks, memos) that will reliably sync with Outlook, and a solution to the lack of document/spreadsheet/powerpoint creation and editing capabilities. I have purchased a few other apps, but these are my first priorities, and what I look for every time I open the new apps post.
    I didn't vote because in my case, there are multiple answers. There are some really nice apps, but I don't need many of them. There are some apps I would like, but they aren't available. However, the argument that they are too expensive just is not accurate. It seems that most people don't remember the older Palm apps which often started at $10 and went to $30-40. Also, you have an expensive phone and a data plan close to $100/montha and can't afford a few apps a month?

Like I said in another post, we need to support the developers and show an interest in the apps so we can get more and better apps.
    Which is?
    Palm hasn't enabled it yet for any region outside the USA (and some of it's territories). There are complex issues to deal with when selling software for export outside the USA.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I didn't vote because I am buying apps. Tons of them. If they look fun, interesting, or useful I pony up the cash. I'm starting a review site with a few other app fiends just to help us deal with our addiction.
    ive bought mostly games and apps that were homebrew and then eventually moved to the palm app catalog, ive spent a ton on games though
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    1.4 update broke my ability to download anything from the app catalog. Paid or free.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    nothing.

At last count, (...and I have now lost count), I had 25-30 paid apps, and 130+ apps in total.

Don't drink, (much), don't smoke, don't gamble, no kids, and the cars and houses are paid off. ...$10-$15 bucks a week for apps is chump change.

...running out of room, though, ;-)
    With a few exceptions (Tritter client, and music streaming) I just don't really care about apps. Maybe I should make myself use them more, like the workout tracking ones I have. IDK, apps just aren't all that exciting to me. I'm glad to have the option, I'm just not someone who uses a lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wukoki View Post
    1.4 update broke my ability to download anything from the app catalog. Paid or free.
    The update did not "break" the app catalog. You just have issues with your phone. The way to probably fix it is to run the WebOS Doctor.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast