1.    #1  
    Don't really know where to post this. I'm having issues with WebOS Doc. When I try to run the program, I get a windows error for System Information when Doc is checking my system. After I get rid of the window, I get a message that there is an unrecognized USB device. Any ideas anyone? I've tried running different versions of Doc, I've changed my startup to shut down anything I think may be interfering. I'm running windows XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    if you look in my signature you will see a red lettered sentence click on the link its pointing to and this should fix you up !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for such a quick reply but I don't think the problem is with the program because when the program is in the system information mode, I get the windows error message. I've tried to run the program without my phone plugged in and I still get the windows error. If my phone is plugged in, I then get the USB error, after the windows error. It's as if the program itself is having an issue. . .
    Check your Java and make sure you are running the newest version. java.com
    You need the Novacom driver. The only place I know to get it is through webOS Quick Install.
  6.    #6  
    I've verified I've got the latest version of Java and Novacommand (sp?) is installed on my computer.

Any other suggestions / comments?

Thanks
    I am leaning towards a problem with your Windows. Maybe its drivers for your USB controller are messed up? Are all your other USB devices working properly?
    if your running windows vista 32 bit i have a modified driver for it that works better than the one they provide ! just send me your email if you want it!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Uninstall Novacom. Then Go through you registry & delete all references to Palm and Novacom. Then reboot and download or move webos doctor to a different folder. Run the Dr. It should work. You'll still get the windows sysinfo error but it shouldn't keep the dr from running. Hope it helps
  10.    #10  
    Thank you. I will give it a try. Out of frustration and wanting to get my phone back up, I called my carrier (Sprint) and had them wipe it clean. My phone is back up with the WebOS1.4 and all of the patches and apps I know and love.

I'll try your fix and let you know how it went.

Thank you!
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the offer to help. I'm running XP. I'm going to try what cgiaimo suggested.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I am leaning towards a problem with your Windows. Maybe its drivers for your USB controller are messed up? Are all your other USB devices working properly?
    Speedtouch: Didn't want to leave you hanging. All of my other USB devices work fine. I agree, there must be something with my computer - whether it's Windows or something else. I uninstalled the last XP update figuring it was an update that through everything out of whack, but no luck. I'm going to try cgiaimo's suggestion and I'll let you know if that was it.

Thank you!
    Good luck!
    it's also worth rebooting your pc!!! Just my .02...
    i tried running my doctor on my Win7 64 and it starts runnning and gets to about 14% and then it shows me on my phone this message palm. com/rom? and the Dr. stops running. Any suggestions... Thanks